• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Alpha Strike Box Set and Plastic BattleMech releases?

SuperFigs

Firefighter
Validated User
Will we see the boxed set any time soon? What about more Lance packs?

The new, "Re-Seen" plastics?

Just wondering...

Charbok

Ostentatious Misanthrope
Validated User
If ever there was a company I was rooting for them to do the necessary rectal-cranial extraction and finally get their shit together, it is surely Catalyst.

I'm betting that it will come out eventually, but they're moving at a geological pace. From what I understand they need to find a new company to produce the plastics, and that's holding up everything. Even the current intro box is out of production and nobody knows when a new one will come.

Maybe, if they're lucky, it'll be timed to release near the same time as the HBS game, but given their track record of amateur hour business decisions and apparent lack of operating capital, I can't rule it out of winding up as a shitshow.

I'm really sorry I didn't get the intro box when I had the chance. I'm painting one of the lance packs and this is as good as plastic mechs have ever been. Fingers crossed that they can maintain this level of quality.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Totally agreed with the poster before. I root for Catalyst and I buy everything they put out on Battletech (I have like 3 copies of each lance pack and 2 intro boxes), but I don't understand how do they do things sometimes: lance packs I think started at $20-25, but then last year in PAX they were sold like $10 a piece. Not sure if they weren't as popular (but for plastic mechs they are super nice), or they just made a shit ton of them.

Edit: and the plastic multipart mechs were awesome. Also, in PAX you could see the plastic re-seen warhammer and if I could I would have bought a company of those.

Last edited:

Charbok

Ostentatious Misanthrope
Validated User
Apparently, the new TRO:Succession Wars dropped. It's a compilation of stuff from various other TROs, and has a bunch of the new, classic look mechs designed to replace the Unseen. Notably absent are any of the ones derived from Macross IP, even though we've already gotten a Warhammer, Marauder, Wasp and Valkyrie.

God
Fucking
Dammit.

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
Man, that Unseen list is longer than I remember.

Then again, what "I remember" is it consisting pretty much exclusively of stuff from TRO: 3025, so that was some time ago.

-Thornhammer

Dulahan

Validated User
the case proper for the interested:

https://www.unitedstatescourts.org/federal/wawd/242820/1-0.html

IANAL so... no clue how bad this looks or not.

EDIT: But the complaints against HBS specifically are hilarious. Claiming the ATLAS infringes on the "Armored Valkyrie" and a Shadow Hawk on the Armored Spartan (AKA: Archer in old BT). PGI's are the more direct nuSeen and a bit scary to me though.

Last edited:

Charbok

Ostentatious Misanthrope
Validated User
The case, in a nutshell:

HG: We made Jordan Wiseman say that we own Giant Warrior Robots in 1996, and he keeps trying to make more Giant Warrior Robots. Like these: (displays pictures of unused Nuseen designs and various MWO designs that get progressively more specious as it goes). Now make them give us money.

So the day Frank Agrama shuffles off his mortal coil (he's 87, so it should be SOON) is going to basically become a nerd holiday, right?

Dulahan

Validated User
So I saw on the HBS forums some people saying there might even be some way to read it that HG is trying to take on the copyright for "Warrior Robts" entirely. That'd turn into a mess. Since I imagine they'd run afoul Games Workshop and others too. Yikes.

Top Bottom