• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Alpha Strike Box Set and Plastic BattleMech releases?

Marc A. Vezina

Lapsed Industry Veteran
Validated User
So I saw on the HBS forums some people saying there might even be some way to read it that HG is trying to take on the copyright for "Warrior Robts" entirely. That'd turn into a mess. Since I imagine they'd run afoul Games Workshop and others too. Yikes.
I'd love to see them try to go against Bandai. :D

Jay

Pow!
Validated User
So I saw on the HBS forums some people saying there might even be some way to read it that HG is trying to take on the copyright for "Warrior Robts" entirely. That'd turn into a mess. Since I imagine they'd run afoul Games Workshop and others too. Yikes.
I'd love to see them try to go against Bandai. :D
I say bring it on, as it's pretty likely that HG'll be forced to learn to play nice, or cease to exist.

That said, I'm betting that Sony forced them to.

Last edited:

RedShark92

Validated User
the case proper for the interested:

https://www.unitedstatescourts.org/federal/wawd/242820/1-0.html

IANAL so... no clue how bad this looks or not.

EDIT: But the complaints against HBS specifically are hilarious. Claiming the ATLAS infringes on the "Armored Valkyrie" and a Shadow Hawk on the Armored Spartan (AKA: Archer in old BT). PGI's are the more direct nuSeen and a bit scary to me though.
Some of them are ridiculous, but some of the Re-Seen are still look enough like the original designs that they may get some traction.

Speaking of that, I've been out of the BT loop for a while but the Re-Seen I remember seeing didn't look as close as the ones cited in this link, did they change them sometime along?

I don't see how this would be possible. The concept of "Warrior Robots" in general is pretty wide-ranging, I don't see how they could make any case they have an exclusive right to the basic concept.

I really despise Harmony Gold these days. They can't do anything useful or good with their license so they have to screw around with the people who are doing good stuff.

Xeno

Banned
IIRC,

With regard to the plastics the company that produced them - Ghost Studios (a.k.a. Wargames Factory) - had a tendency to take on way too many projects (a lot of Chinese companies are like that), resulting in smaller runs like American mini companies commission getting shoved way back in the production schedule. Several companies and games have fallen afoul of them, including Leviathans and Wargames Factory before Ghost bought it out (though the latter was badly mismanaged, production problems were part of why that company was such a shitshow). Ghost/WGF has since gotten out of the direct minis business and is producing other peoples' stuff again.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
IIRC,

With regard to the plastics the company that produced them - Ghost Studios (a.k.a. Wargames Factory) - had a tendency to take on way too many projects (a lot of Chinese companies are like that), resulting in smaller runs like American mini companies commission getting shoved way back in the production schedule. Several companies and games have fallen afoul of them, including Leviathans and Wargames Factory before Ghost bought it out (though the latter was badly mismanaged, production problems were part of why that company was such a shitshow). Ghost/WGF has since gotten out of the direct minis business and is producing other peoples' stuff again.
It's pretty easy to still find lance packs at very low prices. I wonder if CGL just miscalculated the demand of those.

13thapoc

Admiral FCS War Maiden
Validated User
If I ever win a HUGE lottery win, like 100k+ millions, I will outright buy HG and shut this shit right down. With a very large public display.

Dulahan

Validated User
Any more news on this? I have been waiting for the full return of the "unseen" for too long!
Nope. Other than CGL still hasn't filed to contest. So sadly, there's not gonna be Unseen anytime soon. If ever. The court case isn't until September 2018 either, so barring a settlement I wouldn't hold your breath. :(

Top Bottom