• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Amazing Moments in Mediocre Media

Lee Casebolt

SUCH a BOY
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I may be in the minority here, but I also like the way Daredevil's sonar-vision was portrayed. Especially when the falling rain lets him "see" Elektra's face.
Minority, yes, but you're not alone. But then I'm one of a handful of people who genuinely like Daredevil.

The Prophecy 2
is a film that dreams of someday achieving mediocrity, but "you kept me alive because you don't know DOS?" slays me every time.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
I watched Jupiter Ascending while doing laundry and remember very little about the movie other than the pretty scenery. The one moment where I did stop doing laundry, and paid full attention to the movie, was during the bureaucracy scene.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Prophecy 2 is a film that dreams of someday achieving mediocrity, but "you kept me alive because you don't know DOS?" slays me every time.
I love Gabriel latest "helper" tircking in getting shot by the while Police force.

Azimer the Mad

Knight of Chaos
Validated User
Of course the answer turns out to be "We didn't, you were a mistake. Which we will now rectify."
I really wish they kept the part from the original script where the Engineers had sent one of their own to teach mankind as a last ditch effort to fix us and we crucified him.

Because if you're doing ancient aliens, go full bore on the "Was God An Astronaut?"

wheloc

He's trying real hard to be one of the good guys.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Also I really like the crypto subplot, oddly. Human science team 1, millennia old battle droid 0.
That's the 1/3 of Transformers that I liked.
I watched Jupiter Ascending while doing laundry and remember very little about the movie other than the pretty scenery. The one moment where I did stop doing laundry, and paid full attention to the movie, was during the bureaucracy scene.
That sequence is an amazing homage to Brazil, which is reinforced by the Terry Gilliam cameo in the next scene.

Jupiter Ascending, has great atmosphere and plenty of good scenes. The plot never really comes together, however, so yeah overall it's sadly mediocre.

igelixo

Validated User
Ong Bak is not a great movie. It has some "so bad it's good moments", but it's pretty mediocre.

Except the chase scene. The chase scene is amazing.

CanoeMan

Ceteru censeo ego s Groot
Validated User
That's the 1/3 of Transformers that I liked.

That sequence is an amazing homage to Brazil, which is reinforced by the Terry Gilliam cameo in the next scene.

Jupiter Ascending, has great atmosphere and plenty of good scenes. The plot never really comes together, however, so yeah overall it's sadly mediocre.
It has a 27b/6 reference, which I always enjoy.

Top Bottom