• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Amazing Moments in Mediocre Media

Karalora

Validated User
Your mileage may vary as to whether The Rescuers Down Under is truly mediocre or just sub-par compared to what came immediately before and after it in the Disney canon. But this sequence is outstanding:

I especially love the darkening of North America as the signal flies west to east into progressively later time zones.

Knaight

Validated User
Ong Bak is not a great movie. It has some "so bad it's good moments", but it's pretty mediocre.

Except the chase scene. The chase scene is amazing.

Ong Bak is a masterpiece, but I'm with you on the chase scene in particular. It's the best scene in the movie, and it's one of the great chase scenes in cinema.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Your mileage may vary as to whether The Rescuers Down Under is truly mediocre or just sub-par compared to what came immediately before and after it in the Disney canon. But this sequence is outstanding:

I especially love the darkening of North America as the signal flies west to east into progressively later time zones.
Rescuers Down Under is an absolute classic, but yeah that’s a sweet scene.

StumpyDave

Still pretty. Still pink
Validated User
Solomon Kane - When the bad guys threaten to kill a kid, you're thinking 'Solomon Kane will doubtless save the child' and then they kill him.
Shit gets real.

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
I don't know if it's an amazing moment, but I remember it while having no memory whatsoever of what it's from (I think it was a book), so it clearly stands out. A government agent type is trying to intimidate the heroine with the files they have on her, and pulls the "One phone call and I can find out your favourite flavour of ice cream" line - to which she just replies "It's chocolate."

And it's true, that's not really a scary thing to have known about you.

Cas Warner

"Could-Have-Been" King
Validated User
"Mediocre"... I...
...I dunno, I saw the Left Behind movie trilogy within the last year. And I thought the second one was... the weakest, is the word that always comes to mind. And I was just thinking of how my favorite scene is in the middle.

Midway through the movie, Buck Williams (the Greatest Investigative Reporter of All Time) finds himself trapped in an elevator that goes to the tippity top of the building, where a pair of suits lead him to the edge of the roof, where the new leader of the world (the first few minutes of the movie made it official) explains that he's -- ah, uniting all mass media under one banner, tells him with what sounds like genuine frustration that humanity just isn't equipped to handle something like the Rapture, and argues that less noble opportunists will misuse and exploit the panic. He offers Cameron a place as "voice of reason" as put forward by (it's surprisingly subtle, if deliberate; the phrase from the books they're adapting appears in a few logos in the background) the new order.

(Buck, so offered, thinks about what that means, and... the conversation ends in him taking it.)

Last edited:

A3Kitsune

Validated User
I don't know if it's an amazing moment, but I remember it while having no memory whatsoever of what it's from (I think it was a book), so it clearly stands out. A government agent type is trying to intimidate the heroine with the files they have on her, and pulls the "One phone call and I can find out your favourite flavour of ice cream" line - to which she just replies "It's chocolate."

And it's true, that's not really a scary thing to have known about you.
It's from a Batgirl comic. Linkaria included the scene in his Cassandra Cain retrospective.

Dave999

Validated User
BATTLEFRONT II (2017) was a great disappointment to me with its truncated story, mediocre tie-in to the sequel trilogy, and rapid defection of its protagonists. However, there were a lot of great moments throughout:

1. Janina Gavankar and Paul Blackthorne gave great performances and I wouldn't mind them showing up in the actual movies.

2. The destruction of Vardos was genuinely moving to me despite how cartoonishly evil it was.

3. I loved the build up to the flying city infiltration, which was just gorgeous.

4. The entire Lando level.

Burgonet

Retired user
Validated User
The scene where Reno the dog is thrown while-playing-dead from the side of a ship at port in Top Dog.
Best laugh I have had since the Deep's attempts to save a dolphin in The Boys.

Top Bottom