Starcrash

Registered User
Validated User
Phoxis stalked forward a few paces and paused; a few steps more. Eventually the flickering screen of their auspex stabilised as they reached the periphery of the shrouding, and they kneeled, studying the readings. To anyone peering over their shoulder the readout would have seemed like gibberish, scrolling columns of binary and symbolic shorthand. When they speak their voice is clipped, brief.

"Time is short. Destroy the lead vehicle first, the rearguard second. Seize control of the target before they flee." They spare Evannar a glance from beneath their veils. "They will have a vox, and attempt to call for help." At the magister's nod, they continue. "Speed is essential. Strike for the First. Fall, and be forgotten."

OOC: Assessing the situation, 7, using for What's the Biggest Threat?

Mikhail growls a brief interrogative, and Phoxis adjusts the auspex, pointing. "That." They look sidelong at the hulking creature. "Will you need assistance to deal with it?"
 
Last edited:

EnigmaticOne

Registered User
Validated User
Having given the nod, Evannar began the incantation for a spell that would spread the murmurs of the Warp just a little into the area, enough to block and drown out any vox calls for aid. It required the utmost concentration to begin and control.

OOC: +Warp: 2d6+3 8
You draw unwelcome attention or put yourself in a spot.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As soon as the vox systems cease to function, the ambush is begun -- mainly because the psychic use ripples and distorts the area of the ward surrounding Evannar, making him completely visible. This causes the transports to change formation and for all of their weapons to charge, all aiming at the possible threat before them.

OOC: The Taurox is the biggest threat with its high armor and large guns. The other two transports are just basic vehicles with minor weaponry.
 

Six_claws

Registered User
Validated User
Mikhail

Mikhail steps forward, readying the plasma cannon with a roar of twisting metal. He takes aim at the front vehicle of the convoy, steadying himself for greater accuracy. This would be more challenging than usual. There needed to be enough of the groundcar left to act as a blockage for the rest.

He fires, a stream of searing plasma hitting the truck with full force.

OOC: I rolled Seize by Force to take control of this and got a 13. I'd like to take definite hold, suffer little harm and impress, dismay or frighten my enemy.
 

Starcrash

Registered User
Validated User
Phoxis took off, splitting from the others to slip down the damp slope towards a small pile of rock embedded in the grass. Throwing their body forward, they quickly assumed a prone firing position and started to rake the rear vehicle with bursts from their stubber. As they fired they whispered under their breath, supplicating, demanding, bargaining with the First. They described the works they had performed, the harms they had endured in the service of one long forgotten, and the feats yet to come all contingent on Phoxis' ongoing survival. As bullets spat from the barrel, prideful promises spat from Phoxis' ruined lips.

OOC: Invoking the Ruinous Powers: 4. Resisting the backlash: 4. Suffering: 5.

They would never know if their prayers were heard, or if so by whom. Perhaps it was a distraction from the situation that caused them to suffer, or perhaps a darker hand moved against them. However it occurred, Phoxis would carry the new scar until the day their mortal frame finally failed, an ugly vertical gash across cheek and brow resembling the numeral one.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The initial guard transport doesn't stand a chance as its tires burst and undercarriage melts beneath the plasmic onslaught. The vehicle goes flipping into the air and smashes down on the other vehicle, crushing it beneath six tons of Imperial grade plasteel. Only the Taurox is left now, but with no communications and their crew utterly terrified, the armored transport seems stranded at best.
 

Starcrash

Registered User
Validated User
Phoxis clambers awkwardly to their feet, their veil in tatters and their visage little better. Fresh blood splatters down their chest as they heft the stubber. They glare at the compact through a haze of pain. "Forward, for the First!" they screech, advancing down the slope towards the road.
 

Six_claws

Registered User
Validated User
Mikhail

Mikhail stops for a moment to admire the sheer lunacy of the tiny heretek, watching the man throw himself headlong into the danger. Then he breaks into a charge, putting his huge body between the vulnerable man and the still armed Taurox, in case any of its crew fire out in a fear fueled frenzy. Reaching the large vehicle, Mikhail clambers up one side, his fists denting the metal as he attempts to remove the large turret weapon for later integration.
 

Pandorym

Magitech Construct
RPGnet Member
Validated User
As the gun turret gives beneath Mikhail's unrelenting grip, Phoxis accesses the entry hatch with ease and drags the three screaming nobles out of the vehicle, along with two injured Imperial Guardsmen -- the rest are naught but corpses.

Brought before the gathered compact, the trembling bluebloods can only stammer out one question: "what do you want?"
 
Top Bottom