• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Android offline games (rpg?)

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I'm going to be travelling a lot in the next six weeks, I have a brand new gameless Android phone, and I won't be able to rely on internet connectivity.

Any suggestions for games? I like RPGs, Japanese in particular, but given as soon as the wifi kicks in I'll go back to Granblue Fantasy something with a shorter time footprint might work well too.

darkgloomie

Un-jiggly
Validated User
Knights of Pen and Paper 2 is free iirc (turn-based rpg with a tabletop framing device). It's reasonably entertaining.

Mercenaries Saga 2 is also free and nice (tactical rpg). Despite the 2 in the title I believe it's self-conclusive.

The Greedy Cave is a roguelike I believe based on an older game I played on kongregate (srs they have a pretty similiar story too), it's nice but each session can get very long.

KEMCO makes a lot of RPGMaker games, maybe you'll enjoy them

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
The Final Fantasy games are (mostly) all available via the Play store, and those are all offline. I have Tactics, 7 and 9 and they run well, and the interface is tolerable. Knights of the Old Republic is also there. These are all old games, obviously.

thenorm42

Validated User
I've really enjoyed the Sorcery! series of gamebooks released by inkle, based on (but far from identical to) the classic Fighting Fantasy books (but keeping the great John Blanche art).

Stormfalcon

Just slumming
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Final Fantasy games are (mostly) all available via the Play store, and those are all offline. I have Tactics, 7 and 9 and they run well, and the interface is tolerable. Knights of the Old Republic is also there. These are all old games, obviously.
Not all of the SquareEnix games are completely offline. Some do have call-home DRM, so check the reviews on a particular game to get the details on any DRM on it.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Not all of the SquareEnix games are completely offline. Some do have call-home DRM, so check the reviews on a particular game to get the details on any DRM on it.
Interesting, I had no idea. I've played the three I have with no problem in no-service areas (e.g. underground in the subway), at least.

bbcisdabomb

Words words words
Validated User
Cyber Knights RPG is basically the sandbox Shadowrun game for Genesis
Templar Assault RPG is Space Hulk with the serial numbers filed off.

Both are free, as well.

Top Bottom