• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Angelfall: Invasion

RdMarquis

Validated User
I need a little help with the combat rules. Is Kyoji close enough to attack, and what are his options besides a basic attack?

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
I'm not sure I follow why getting hit makes me lose the turn. I take hit stun which lowers my initiative by half, but don't I still have 1 initiative and get to act? Is the issue that I can't close range?

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
You are mixing up the rules for Control and Initiative. Hit Stun halves *Control.* But in Dramatic Combat, there is no Control:
"If a combatant is hit by an attack, he suffers Hit Stun. In this case, if the Fighter has not yet acted this turn, he loses his action entirely, unless he spends an Action Point to act with a penalty to Accuracy and skill checks (see Ignore Hit Stun)."

"Ignore Hit Stun: In the Dramatic Combat sub-system, Hit Stun always forces the defender to lose his action for the turn if he has not already acted. By spending an Action Point, the target can ignore the effect of Hit Stun and still act on his turn, but with -2 Accuracy on any attack and a -2 penalty on any skill check."

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
Ah, okay, I guess I'll save the action point for next round and be finished for the turn.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
FLINT - Turn 2
Flint LB 13 FS 9 Action Points 2
Beast LB 15 FS 8 Action Points 2
The beast spends another FS for Initiative. Roll: 5.

TORI - Turn 2
Tori LB 12 FS 10 Action Points 1 Glory 4
Vamp LB 15 FS 8 Action Points 2
She will spend another FS on Initiative. Roll: 8.

RdMarquis: You are at Range 3. You can move forward 1 Range and attack, move 2 Ranges and attack with a Basic or Dragon's Shadow, move forward 1 Range and get a defense bonus. Or you could spend your Action Point on a *lot* of different options in the book using other skills. Let me know if this helps.

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
Initiative: 1d4 1, he does first. I suspect this will be a common theme. I'm going to wear him down by letting him hit me a bunch and then I'm going to unload with a bunch of action points later on.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
That works. It's also worth noting that, at PL 1, combat is mostly about Initiative. Characters don't have enough power or options to do too much.

Top Bottom