IC Angelfall: Invasion

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
The dust settled slowly back down to the rubble all around them. What was once a 3-level office complex in the heart of downtown Neo-Hakkaido was now just a pile of destruction, another testament to the secret but violent incursions of the creatures from the Other Side. There were eight of them – a common number for a scouting party – and they appeared inside the offices of a tech firm specializing in extra-dimensional energy research whose lab facilities were all the way across the city. Within moments, the workplace was awash in screams and blood.

The commotion drew the Four Weapons to the site. They didn’t know one another when they arrived, so there was no time for them to size one another up, question each other’s motives, or even talk trash. No – there was work to do and they got to it. Over the course of the battle, they had taken the time to learn each other’s names and of course, they intuitively figured out that each of the others possessed one of the Angel Weapons. They couldn’t have avoided one another if they tried.

Now that the fighting was over, they were left only with questions: what was the scouting party looking for? Were they an advance guard? Why this company? Why an office and not the labs? And how long would it be before the draconian New-Hakkaido police forces would arrive?

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
Flint lit a cigarette, he figurs this line of work will kill him long before the smokes do. He kicks one of the scouts to make sure it was out and asks, "Any of you ever had any luck questioning these things?"

ajdynon

Validated User
Flint lit a cigarette, he figurs this line of work will kill him long before the smokes do. He kicks one of the scouts to make sure it was out and asks, "Any of you ever had any luck questioning these things?"
"Can always give it a shot." Tori says, grabbing one.

"Oi, what the fuck were you cunts after here?"

OOC: Tori swears a lot. If anyone has a problem with this, let me know and I'll tone it down.

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
OOC: Feel free to make up whatever backstory answer you want to Tori's question. I'll roll with it (and maybe steal ideas).

The frontline shock troops from the Other Side were seemingly only semi-sentient creatures that had humanoid forms with various sharp protrusions coming out of them, seemingly at random. But they did have heads and mouths (filled with pointy teeth), and their bodies didn't dissolve into foul-smelling bloody sludge for about an hour, so talking to one wasn't out of the question.

OOC: I'm thinking of a 40K Chaos Daemon vibe with these guys.

thorya

Statistical out-liar
Validated User
"Can always give it a shot." Tori says, grabbing one.
"Oi, what the fuck were you cunts after here?"
Flint shrugs, "Honestly, I've never been in very good shape after encountering one of these scouting parties by myself. So I never really had the strength to ask them questions or the sense to keep one of them conscious enough to be able to talk before they go all . . . icky."

RdMarquis

Validated User
"One of them talked to me, once." Kyoji pulls up his hood. "At least, I think she was a demon. Without the helmet and supervillain armor, she didn't look too different from any other person. Except for the red eyes."

...Ah. I see. John taught you that technique, didn't he? He guessed she was referring to his "boss". "If she was one of them, it has to mean they can speak Japanese. Or English."

drkrash

Fighter
Validated User
The police sirens drew closer. Behind Flint a random piece of an upper floor crashed to the ground. A few curious passersby started to look at the situation.

OOC: Let's put some mechanics in here, shall we? If you have Sense Ki, roll 1d10 and add your Skill.

ajdynon

Validated User
OOC: Feel free to make up whatever backstory answer you want to Tori's question. I'll roll with it (and maybe steal ideas).
OOC: Sorry, I'm mentally blanking on an answer, I don't have a good grasp on these guys as of yet. I was putting off responding in the hope I'd think of something, but nothing seems to be coming to me.

Sense Ki roll of 12

Cannonball

So bouncy!
Validated User
“Why bother?” Riley slammed her boot into a demon. She started to press. “Screaming drones. Mindless killers.” And she wasn’t going to stop pressing until the predictable end…“Giving ‘em the time of day’s too good. Don’t have time to stick around anyway. Already starting to get a crowd who’ll be askin’ awkward questions soon.”

OOC: No sense ki here from me! So no roll.

RdMarquis

Validated User
OOC: If I can make some suggestions about what the scouting party wanted? They were meeting or looking for someone at an office building when things went wrong. Or, they were tearing the place up to look for certain records of a project.

Top Bottom