• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[Anthem+] Livestreams & Infodumps

Cloud Divider

Validated User
Haven't had a ton of time to play in the last few days.

I'm finding something I wish Anthem had was a "firing range" where you could relatively easily try out a different loadout before committing to playing through a mission or Freeplay...

Sure, on some level Freeplay is your "proving ground" to cruise around and see how good you are at blowing things up. But sometimes you don't really need 10 minutes to decide a gun or heavy weapon just doesn't work for you...

It mostly came to mind after playing a side mission with a woefully poorly equipped Storm. Heavy pistol, Shotgun, the "living fire" focus and the lightning strike AoE. Not a great combo... At least the side mission was short.

Fedifensor

Validated User
Managed to get the Masterwork version of the Colossus component Heavy Shield Reinforcement, so I can equip both versions at the same time. You demolish foes on Hard, and do a decent amount of damage even on GM1. I spent an hour on Freeplay at Hard difficulty killing Outlaws at every opportunity for one of the Weekly challenges, and it was a lot of fun steamrollering them.

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User
Goofing around with a melee interceptor build. It's fun in a beer and pretzels kind of way, as melee spam rapidly takes the interceptor out of control in terms of targeting. I got the MW pistol with the bonus to melee if you point blank shoot someone, then the MW Way of the Bold component that heals you on melee kills and increases your aura pulse. Debating Strike and Assault systems. I can't seem to quit Sudden Death, and the Absolute Zero cryo-glaive dropped last night, so I might try that. It's fun but useless vs. boss fights. I've heard some folks run the Acid MW gear in their melee builds, and Serpent's Veil dropped last night, so maybe I'll give that a go.

That said, enjoying all of the suits, even the Ranger (though definitely in last place until I get more MW parts that give it a distinct feel)

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Listening to the reddit murmurs today, looks like there's something weird going on with drop chances - a lot people are reporting they mostly get mw/leg equipment when fighting mobs that are not connected to any goal - for example, if they're flying around freeplay only doing events, their drops from mobs are minimal; when flying around fighting anything that moves, the results are much better. So if you're having bad luck with drops, you might want to check the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ayl0ip

Shiro

Resplendent and Coniferous
Validated User
Just watched a video about keeping things positive with Anthem, so thought I would share it to keep the [+] vibes going! Good advice. I'm certainly taking things slowly myself; after two weeks I'm about to hit level 23 and I haven't finished the main story yet.

Shiro

Resplendent and Coniferous
Validated User
And the new patch is live, three days earlier than originally estimated! That's some expectation management right there.

I won't get a chance to play until later, but I'm mostly hoping for fewer crashes on PS4. They weren't frequent, but they were a bit annoying.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Validated User
Some of the intended changes, like Titan's Hail detonating, aren't working. For me the game is actually less stable now too. I'm also seeing Common and Uncommon drops despite being Level 30 and playing on Grandmaster 1 or higher, so that doesn't appear to be implemented fully or correctly.

Still no fix on a double charges Vassa's Arc working as intended either :( I want to use that item but I will probably have to swap back to Voltaic Dome soon.

Last edited:

Fedifensor

Validated User
Switched over to my Colossus with a Firewall Mortar and Siege Artillery - it’s a combo machine. Use the firewall, wait a second for enemies to catch on fire, then use the artillery and watch multiple AoE combos light up the screen. Follow up with shield charges (with both the normal and masterwork versions of Heavy Shield Reinforcement equipped) to mop up what survives. Finally, use your autocannon on tough targets (particularly ones with heavy shielding), and the grenade launcher for clumps of foes while you wait for your Firewall Mortar to recharge.

I thought I would hate playing a javelin with no default shields, but I end up having my shield equipped about half the time. Standard foes are speed bumps I can run over with ease, Titan rings of fire are easily survivable with it up, and when I drop it I can deliver a devestating amount of damage with my powers and guns.

Top Bottom