• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

[Anthem+] Livestreams & Infodumps

Cloud Divider

Validated User
Had my first masterworks drop in the last couple of nights. One was the MW Cloudburst autocannon (Fist of ...), which is pretty crazy good. 10% damage boost for every hit, stackable 10 times is pretty awesome. Kind of erases my concern on certain Colossus loadouts on needing to have a anti-shield weapon.

Had Papa Pump drop on my last run last night. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks pretty interesting. Pity shotguns aren't really my thing (with Colossus).

Shiro

Resplendent and Coniferous
Validated User
I've picked up two Masterwork weapons so far, between Level 26 or so and my current Level 29. Papa Pump packs a punch, but I've fallen in love with Yvenia's Thunderbolt. I used the basic Scout for much of my earlier play (with Interceptor), so the addition of a 33% chance to also devastate an enemy's shield is just gravy. Certainly makes it easier to solo missions on Hard. It has some pretty good inscriptions, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

I also went and dressed up my Ranger using the Legion of Dawn helmet and limbs...

Drawn by heat and conflict...

"She said the jungle came alive and took him!"

"Turn around..."

I need a better mesh texture for the body, and these photos don't quite show off the helmet to best effect, but I'm pretty happy with it!

Vrylakos

All right, all right, all right...
Validated User
Well, sadly I'm out for a while.
Ran around with a friend running dungeons and so on in Grandmaster 3. Purples and two masterworks to show for it. Considering I'm running at a difficulty where purples would make it impossible, having them drop was mildly insulting.

I've played every night since launch, and have all of my javelins at 662 or so, but now progression is impossible. Fiddling around looking for +1% more damage or ammo or whatever is tedious, and legendaries are not dropping for me after one hit last week and one this week.

And the bugs just seal the deal. Chest not opening. Sudden white screens and roaring speakers. Locked behind force fields.

I really want to love this game. I'll come back in a few months and see what's up, but for now it's just not respecting my time. In a Loot Shooter, the loot should not be this lacking.

So, off to the Division 2, I guess.

taleswapper

Social Justice Lazy Warlord
Validated User
Well, sadly I'm out for a while.
Ran around with a friend running dungeons and so on in Grandmaster 3. Purples and two masterworks to show for it. Considering I'm running at a difficulty where purples would make it impossible, having them drop was mildly insulting.

I've played every night since launch, and have all of my javelins at 662 or so, but now progression is impossible. Fiddling around looking for +1% more damage or ammo or whatever is tedious, and legendaries are not dropping for me after one hit last week and one this week.

And the bugs just seal the deal. Chest not opening. Sudden white screens and roaring speakers. Locked behind force fields.

I really want to love this game. I'll come back in a few months and see what's up, but for now it's just not respecting my time. In a Loot Shooter, the loot should not be this lacking.

So, off to the Division 2, I guess.
This has largely been my experience as well. It feels like loot drops on GM3 and GM2 are about the same as those on GM1, which are mostly purple. And since I salvage any purple at this point, there doesn't seem to be a level at which the loot drop is worth it for me to play right now. That cannot be the intended experience. And what's really weird right now is that I cannot get a non-duplicate Masterwork or Legendary gear to drop. For some of my javelins that makes sense since I've got a copy of each for My colossus. But on my storm, I'm still missing something like 4-5 masterwork gear slots. And I've gotten so many duplicates of the ones I already own. And tons of duplicate weapons, but I cannot get MW copies of gear that I don't have.

And I've been looking- out of several dozen MW drops over the last week or so, I have yet to get anything new that isn't a Universal component. It's really, really weird. I have no idea what happened with the patch, but there doesn't seem to be any point in me playing at the moment other than progressing my factions. I really want this game to succeed, so I'm hoping mightily they get the basic functionality sorted out.

Vrylakos

Validated User
Last night I think I hit Sentinel 3, so all of my factions are at 3 and now the Challenge of Tarsis opens up: get 150,000 reputation!
Complete that and you're gifted the Metal: Gold appearance option, and the Tomb of Tarsis opens up overlooking the fountain where it currently is under construction. It looks pretty cool!

I am bummed that I'm not going to get there. Maybe if things change.

It is such a weird feeling to want to play this game so much, only to feel the actual game you want it to be slipping by you like a mirage. Such frustration and disappointment.

Still, I'm going to try one last run of Heart of Rage on GM1 and see if I can emulate all of these Facebook Anthem Community lucky guy posts... and then come midnight, Division 2 time... where I perversely want to impress my daughter with a collection of backpack hangers (which she collects for real in Kindergarten).

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Concerning the force fields, if you get stuck behind one it's possible to manually respawn on the right side.
Also, the devs said they're taking them out completely.

Vrylakos

Validated User
Concerning the force fields, if you get stuck behind one it's possible to manually respawn on the right side.
This happened at the end of a Contract, so it was counting down to mission end after the ONE RANDO GUY WHO FLEW AHEAD finally took out Diggs after a long fight. (After all that mission lead up to fight Diggs, my buddy and I never even saw the guy.) Weirdly, I was able to get the muzzle of my marksman rifle through the wall at times and damage the adds and Diggs by shooting below the red dot. We didn't know the respawn trick, sadly as this was two weeks ago or so.

The third guy who was partied with us and likewise trapped was at the time a higher power level, and swore he saw a Legendary drop in the room with Diggs.

taleswapper

Validated User
How do you manually respawn on the right side? The main issue I've seen is that if you respawn while on the right side, you sometimes get stuck behind the invisible wall and then, even if you find a way to kill yourself while outside the wall (which isn't always easy), you are still stuck behind the wall when you respawn.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
How do you manually respawn on the right side? The main issue I've seen is that if you respawn while on the right side, you sometimes get stuck behind the invisible wall and then, even if you find a way to kill yourself while outside the wall (which isn't always easy), you are still stuck behind the wall when you respawn.
It's something like open map/menu, push and hold left stick to respawn - might be different on different platforms.

taleswapper

Validated User
Oh. I've definitely respawned when outside the invisible walls. I've just never had it put me back on the right side of the wall. In fact, I've had it put me on the wrong side of the invisible wall after I was previously on the right side after respawning. I though you had some trick for getting respawn to put you on the right side of the wall rather than the wrong side.

Top Bottom