[Anthem+] Livestreams & Infodumps

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Sorry. I've seen people, including somebody from BW, saying this is pretty reliable way to get respawned right.

taleswapper

Social Justice Lazy Warlord
Validated User
I'm sure it's worked for some people. There's probably some unknown variable at work. Or maybe it's worked at some point in time but doesn't any longer. I don't know. I just know that I thought that bug was fixed (as I'd been having more luck flying through the invisible walls since the patch), but after getting respawned outside the wall a couple of times during Stronghold missions a couple of nights ago, I just resolved to not respawn when in Strongholds.

taleswapper

Validated User
I don't know if there was a change on the back end or if I was just having really shitty luck before, but I've started getting non duplicate MW drops again. I ran Tyrant Mine thrice this morn and I got several MW gear for my Storm that I hadn't gotten before and a Legendary weapon- the weapon dropped at GM 1 after running things on GM 2 and GM 3 took longer than I wanted to spend and didn't yield much more than I expected to get on GM 1. So the relative drop rates still don't seem to warrant the higher GM levels (to me), but at least I'm getting non-dupes again.

Nightward

IntranationalManOfMisery
Validated User
That cannot be the intended experience.
It is. For some reason, the developers thought GM2 and GM3 should provide the same (non?) rewards as GM1. EDIT: Apparently this was just patched but let's wait and see, because they didn't want to add much in the past.

I've taken to just farming Heart of Rage. It offers the highest number of Legendary opponents of all the Strongholds, plus the chests, and with a well-geared squad the clear time is low. With a squad that isn't equipped, the tight confines still make it faster than the Tyrant Mines.

I think they really need to pump up the drop rates. I only have four Legendary items, and only one of those is a Component, and that is for a Javelin I don't play at all. I haven't been able to replace my Colossus' purple gear with the equivalent Masterworks either.

Last edited:

Montegris

Mostly lurking
Validated User
I just played a run of Temple of Scar, GM1, got 6 masterworks for it. A couple were duplicates, and I ended up disassembling 4 of the 6, but still, it's nice to see stuff drop.

taleswapper

Validated User
I don't work Fridays, so I've been futzing about on Anthem today. I've run Tyrant Mine somewhere around 6-7 times today and done my 3 purple missions. I did all three purple missions on GM 2, but I was running some of the Mine on GM 1 earlier. I don't know how many MW drops I've gotten (usually 3-4 per run it seems like), but I've gotten 4 Legendaries.

It really does feel like they fixed the loot drop system. It's felt much better today. And that's great, because they really needed a win at this point. I hope people log on to give it a try.

Grantanz

Validated User
When I logged in after the big patch, it crashed every time I tried to launch, so I've not played for a while. Did anyone else have that, and if so, has it gone?

Cloud Divider

Validated User
They seem to have definitely done something with the drop rates. I spent most of today just playing around finishing the main story and some side missions on normal and hard. I have no idea how many purples dropped because I lost count. The one that surprised me was the four or five masterworks that dropped. Even had two drop on at least one mission. Mostly weapons, though.

So that was pretty cool.

Did crash out to the main load screen a bunch of times. And had the bug where you get stuck behind the not-invisible walls and blocked from proceeding with the rest of the team. That's pretty annoying.

Top Bottom