• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Antman and the Wasp (Spoilers)

adamsmith

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I didn't think it was strong as the first outing. Great to see the Wasp in action, but was a bit let down that Antman was basically comic relief with almost no combat sequences.

Excellent to see Hannah John-Kamen on the big screen - she is great in Killjoys (even as the series quality declines precipitously).

delguidance

Validated User
I wondered if Hank's family survived the snap. Also in the credit's sequence weren't they getting a battery of energy to help cure Ghost? So Ghost is also doomed after the Snap?

LemonBadger

Validated User
For what it's worth, as they were flying back out of the quantum world, I'm positive I saw some kind of city inside a bubble in the background. She had to get that shroud from somewhere, after all.
She also probably dined on some of those...quantum grubs.

Derek

Validated User
So Strange was visiting possible outcomes using the time stone... Scott was warned about time vortexes. Will Avengers 4 open with a scene where they meet, setting up the time travel hinted at by set photos?

Also: my son had a realization that Scott's trophy was actually true, from a certain point of view: Scott and Hope are partners. If Cassie thinks of Hope as second mother, that makes Janet her step grandmother. Janet briefly possessed Scott... making him a pretty awesome grandmother!

Last edited:

zedturtle

Maker
Validated User
The tardigrades? Possible. That did bug me a little... they're small, but they are not subatomic. Also, I guess someone was having a special sale on tardigrade 3D models a couple of years back, since they've shown up in at least two big sci-fi things so far (Star Trek Discovery being the other one).

zwilnik

Validated User
The bugs were Tardigrades, also known as water bears. They're not in the quantum level, that's sub atomic scale. They're at the micro level - pollen, yeasts, hydras, etc. Not even at the Molecular stage of Inner Space.

So Janet couldn't have been noshing on them. They're at a scale two or three steps above where she's at.

On the fact that Antman didn't actually have fighting skills? Makes a lot more sense than Hank Pymm, super scientist just happening to also be a two fisted brawler. (At least at first. Anybody getting a daily round of Cap shaping them up will be handy in a fight post haste. But Scott's go none of that so... Let him fight with his wits and powers, not kung fu.)

zwilnik

Validated User
The tardigrades? Possible. That did bug me a little... they're small, but they are not subatomic. Also, I guess someone was having a special sale on tardigrade 3D models a couple of years back, since they've shown up in at least two big sci-fi things so far (Star Trek Discovery being the other one).
Pymm's connection stalls when he's at a microscopic scale. He's surrounded by pollens and tardigrades. You get the funny lights and then black, then you've gone subatomic. So he hadn't entered the quantum realm yet. Why he needed to get his cons back up and back to shrinking. (Using the forward motion to indicate shrinking in that sequence was a little confusing. I'd have the vehicle stay still and shrink, then rocket about once it's at the right scale. Every movement before you reach the target size is an immense distance once you reach it. Though once you go subatomic, all bets are off apparently. Comics physics are weird. Roll with it!)

LemonBadger

Validated User
The bugs were Tardigrades, also known as water bears. They're not in the quantum level, that's sub atomic scale. They're at the micro level - pollen, yeasts, hydras, etc. Not even at the Molecular stage of Inner Space.

So Janet couldn't have been noshing on them. They're at a scale two or three steps above where she's at.

On the fact that Antman didn't actually have fighting skills? Makes a lot more sense than Hank Pymm, super scientist just happening to also be a two fisted brawler. (At least at first. Anybody getting a daily round of Cap shaping them up will be handy in a fight post haste. But Scott's go none of that so... Let him fight with his wits and powers, not kung fu.)
Janet did seem to have a spear/weapon on her back unless that was something else. So she might have roamed the quantum savanna, hunting Q-Deer and roasting them over the flames of the Q-Energy.

zedturtle

Maker
Validated User
Pymm's connection stalls when he's at a microscopic scale. He's surrounded by pollens and tardigrades. You get the funny lights and then black, then you've gone subatomic. So he hadn't entered the quantum realm yet. Why he needed to get his cons back up and back to shrinking. (Using the forward motion to indicate shrinking in that sequence was a little confusing. I'd have the vehicle stay still and shrink, then rocket about once it's at the right scale. Every movement before you reach the target size is an immense distance once you reach it.
That makes a certain amount of sense. Of course Hank's thing about Scott not telling him how beautiful it was doesn't make sense then. Also, I took that scene to indicate that he'd lost navigation to the rendezvous spot, not that he had stalled at shrinking. And, finally, if so then Janet's warning at the mid-credits scene would not apply.

Though once you go subatomic, all bets are off apparently. Comics physics are weird. Roll with it!)
That's certainly true! :D

JdRavnos

Geek Visionary.
Validated User
Janet did seem to have a spear/weapon on her back unless that was something else. So she might have roamed the quantum savanna, hunting Q-Deer and roasting them over the flames of the Q-Energy.
I'm pretty sure that the spear was made from one of her wings, which I thought was a really cool, small (heh) touch.

Top Bottom