Any more news on R.Talsorian Cyberpunk

Marras

Validated User
Thanks a lot James! It helped a lot!

I'm glad that the system will be close to CP2020. Certainly it can benefit from slight fixes but nothing major, well maybe except for matrix rules that can benefit from just making things simpler.

Last edited:

My Cat's On Crack

Keeper of the Cheese
Validated User

I'm glad that the system will be close to CP2020. Certainly it can benefit from slight fixes but nothing major, well maybe except for matrix rules that can benefit from just making things simpler.
More AR options would be nice. I'm willing to be netrunners will be more mobile. Ay least, I hope so.

James Gray

Validated User

One of the things Mike Pondsmith mentioned during the R. Talsorian Revival seminar was that the end of the last corporate war fractured the net. Instead of one big global network you have multiple smaller ones. Worse, there are things inside the net now which are amazingly dangerous. Thus, a netrunner can no longer just jack in from the bar and be do the job from safety. They have to go with the crew and jack in on site.

I don't know how the rules will change but the idea is the netrunner becomes just as much a part of the job, with full physical danger, as the others. I also don't know for sure if this will be in Cyberpunk Red or is being saved for down the line.

Marras

Validated User
One of the things Mike Pondsmith mentioned during the R. Talsorian Revival seminar was that the end of the last corporate war fractured the net. Instead of one big global network you have multiple smaller ones. Worse, there are things inside the net now which are amazingly dangerous. Thus, a netrunner can no longer just jack in from the bar and be do the job from safety. They have to go with the crew and jack in on site.

I don't know how the rules will change but the idea is the netrunner becomes just as much a part of the job, with full physical danger, as the others. I also don't know for sure if this will be in Cyberpunk Red or is being saved for down the line.
Thanks again! This sounds great! Netrunners that have to be actually there on the job is the right direction in my opinion.

James Gray

Validated User
Thanks again! This sounds great! Netrunners that have to be actually there on the job is the right direction in my opinion.
Glad to share what I could. My jam is Castle Falkenstein but I know people are excited about more Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom