• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Anybody playing Azur Lane?

JoanieSappho

Not drunk enough for this
Validated User
I've been playing since the English beta, too. Been going slow, though, more focusing on raising all of my girls than getting just a fleet or two up and pushing on, but the Royal Navy squadron is working it's way up through the fox mines. Still need Akagi, but I'm going to be grinding on there long enough that I think she'll drop before I'm ready to move on.

And yeah, I do have to say I rather like the designs for some of the girls. South Dakota certainly comes to mind there

DuckFate

Bonafide Quack
Validated User
A bit of a warning about the Fletcher fleet meta. It only really works well on the Chinese servers. On all the other servers, you have to limit break your ships to level them to 100, which drives the oil cost up and defeats the purpose of their meta. On the Chinese servers, you don't need to limit break them.

I have leveled Fletcher up to 70 along with two of her sisters with Unicorn in the backline, and I can tell you that their utility takes a steep dive once you hit World 6. Right now, I working on getting Phoenix and Shouhou to level 100. I'm also leveling Cassin, Downs, and Yorktown. These ships will probably make up my two main farming fleets.

Last edited:

CaButler

Validated User
Haven't made any advances in the story mode so far. Stuck in a bit of an oil drought that I'm hoping will be taken care of soon. I was able to get an SR from the medal Exchange, Takao. She might want to see about getting a longer skirt.

I honestly do like how the game makes it relatively easy to get Wisdom Cubes to do the ship building for those that require it, as well as having a commission that will give you a large bunch of them when it's done. Though I will need to start saving up for them with the next event coming soon.

R-90-2

Can it be SNEK TIEM?
Validated User
I honestly do like how the game makes it relatively easy to get Wisdom Cubes to do the ship building for those that require it, as well as having a commission that will give you a large bunch of them when it's done. Though I will need to start saving up for them with the next event coming soon.
The thing I'm really thankful for is that they're also really generous with the quick-finishers.

The thing I really want them to implement in the English version right now, though, are the Battleship retrofits, 'cause I'm just sitting on a pile of blueprints and the whole retrofit thing is probably one of the best things I've seen in a gacha game.

CaButler

Validated User
I don't know if it's still going on, but the Azur Lane EN side is doing a mini-event in their discord, asking players what they'd like the developers to collab with for future projects.

Link the the tweet here.

I find it interesting that they're asking for feedback from the global players, but maybe our input may help for future events. I, being totally original, suggested FGO and RWBY.

Oh, and the next event starts September 30. Better save up those cubes.

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
Huh. I know I'm late to the party, but I'd want to see if they could maybe try to talk to some of the various ship museums scattered about. They can always use the attention, and there's a natural link there.

CaButler

Validated User
I can finally leave the Fox Mines as I just got Kaga from there, so no more farming at that location.

Now to keep going with the main story and see if I can get any of the other drop ships.

By the way, the new event starts tomorrow, so get ready for more farming.

Oh, and there's a quest you can do with Long Island. You have to make her your secretary and tap on her a couple of times to get it started. It's pretty simple, though you will need to fully limit break her to complete it.

DuckFate

Bonafide Quack
Validated User
I love the art for the two new carriers. I'll definitely be trying to build them both even though I'm pretty carrier rich at the moment. I got both the Fox sisters at level 90, and they're stuck there till I can grind another copy of both out of 3-4. As much as I like them, I'm not willing to sink 4 gold Bulins to get them to the finish line. Enterprise is level 98, and Shouhou is 97 and is completely modernized. Then there's Yorktown that I'm power leveling to 100 to support my farming fleet. Plus I got Ark Royal, Unicorn, Lexington, Saratoga, Hornet, Ranger, Souryuu, Hiryuu, and Bogue. So yeah, I really don't need any more carriers. Still, I guess I'm just a sucker for limited build shipgirls.

Fortunately, I've been saving up my cubes since I pulled Atago last event, so I have around 120 cubes at the moment. If it's the same cost as the last event, that's enough for 60 pulls. Honestly, gold is going to be the limiting factor for me.

On their official discord, I voted for an Arpeggio of Blue Steel collab, even though that IP has cooled significantly since the ending of the anime movies. I'm still reading the manga, and I still like the idea of Shipgirls as AI running actual ships than people with Dr. Octopus gear. Some people are voting for RWBY, and I have to say I do like the idea of those four girls as shipgirls. The devs are also asking for feedback on where the playerbase would like to see events held (Walmart or McDonalds for example.) I saw other people vote for Japan Expo, so I just did the same. I wish I knew Japan Expo USA hadn't been a thing since 2015! Doh!

CaButler

Validated User
Seems like they're really playing Akagi and Kaga up as major villains for the event, while playing Zuikaku in a more sympathetic light. I wonder if they would do something like that in the main story, where some of the Sakura Empire characters start questioning what they're doing.

I've been able to get all four of the limited ship builds. Now I just have to farm for Zuikaku and Akatsuki to complete the set. And it's been a bit tough in later worlds, showing how I'm not quite prepared for it.

Top Bottom