• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💀 Necro Anyone interested in seeing new art?

Storn

Validated User
Here is an image completed last night, right during the dinner party (so I was obssessed with finishing...all my friends understand). I thought I would take advantage of the new forum and the ability to attach files.. or at least try it out.

This is new 5th edition Champions art. I have permission from DOJ to share it with you. Comments are welcome.

Oh yeah, it is called T-port for obvious reasons. I was really trying to avoid the "nightcrawler" of the x-men & "Raven" of the Titans, teleport signature... which is wonderful, but if I did it, it becomes a cliche.

Storn

Validated User
An urgent plea

If other artists want to do this.... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get approval from the publisher that you are working with/for.

I can't imagine too many publishers turning down free advertising and boosterism... but there might be something that they want to keep secret until release.

If it is your own personal work, I guess that is ok. But I hope that this is ok with the RPGnet owners and admin. I love RPGnet and come here often. I don't want to piss anyone off.

I'm not sure if this will fly... of if I'm abusing the RPGnet public out there and creating a monster. I hope not. I love doing art for games. I hope other people like looking at it. But if I'm asked to stop by the admin, I will.

Marius B

Euro-Trash
Validated User
Cool!

Well, I for one think it's a great idea.

Oh yeah, and the pic's cool too. :)

I say Keep It Up!

Cheers,
M.

Eric Lofgren

Eye in the Sky
Validated User
Very Nice

Storn:
Very dynamic work. I really like it. Did you use black designer markers to get the various shades of grey? Btw, posting work here is a great idea, gives people a chance to see what we're about.

Eric

Storn

Validated User
Re: Very Nice

Eric Lofgren said:
Storn:
Very dynamic work. I really like it. Did you use black designer markers to get the various shades of grey? Btw, posting work here is a great idea, gives people a chance to see what we're about.

Eric
My technique sounds a bit bizarre, but I ink pretty much as if I was going to ink a regular b&w piece. Except I try to keep the feathering and the "gray" areas to a minimum. Not much crosshatching.

Once the ink is down, I come on top with a Windsor Newton blue ink, which is better than watercolor, because watercolor will leave a little film over the blacks. The ink doesn't. This blue ink is in 4 shades in a round plastic pallette from pure to really, really watered-down light blue.

I use these 4 shades to put down the gray areas. Then I might pop a few highlights using white paint... usually white acrylic, but sometimes for more organic feel, I will use white guoache.

Once scanned, which I scann in color, I do my electronic trickery... like the tport signature. Then everything gets translated to gray. The black stays where it is, value wise, all the blue translates into shades of gray.

I use watered down blue ink over black ink washes because I feel that I just get a nicer range of different shades with a color. I don't know why, I'm just more comfortable working with it.

Khaymer

Retired User
Re: t-porter art

Storn:

From this image, I can see that you've improved by strides since your early days at ICE.

(Mind you, your cover for UMA was pretty amazing, and that dates back a bit...)

One question though: you said this image was for '5th Edition Champions'. Did you mean 5th Edition HERO, or for the Champions genre book? :)

Shadefeast

Retired User
me likes!

I like the way you shade, the result is very dynamic and provides a great depth while being clean. Being an aspiring rpg artist myself, I know how I value criticism, so I'll also leave some scepticism for you too - cause you should already know by now that this is a worthy illustration. ;)
I'll point to the arms of the background figure. Are they a tad short? Maybe it's just me can't read the foreshortening well enough. Anyway, keep doin it, your art really deserves the watchin! (I peeked at your site too.)

Torstein Nordstrand
http://tnordst.epilogue.net/

Storn

Validated User
Re: me likes!

Shadefeast said:
I like the way you shade, the result is very dynamic and provides a great depth while being clean. Being an aspiring rpg artist myself, I know how I value criticism, so I'll also leave some scepticism for you too - cause you should already know by now that this is a worthy illustration. ;)
I'll point to the arms of the background figure. Are they a tad short? Maybe it's just me can't read the foreshortening well enough. Anyway, keep doin it, your art really deserves the watchin! (I peeked at your site too.)

Torstein Nordstrand
http://tnordst.epilogue.net/
I went back and looked at the arms. They didn't bother me. But I'll keep in mind for next time. Thank you for critique and comments.

There are a couple more illos under Ads/Open Promo section too.

DM Entrprises

Validated User
Here is an image completed last night, right during the dinner party (so I was obssessed with finishing...all my friends understand). I thought I would take advantage of the new forum and the ability to attach files.. or at least try it out.

This is new 5th edition Champions art. I have permission from DOJ to share it with you. Comments are welcome.

Oh yeah, it is called T-port for obvious reasons. I was really trying to avoid the "nightcrawler" of the x-men & "Raven" of the Titans, teleport signature... which is wonderful, but if I did it, it becomes a cliche.
Very nice!

Top Bottom