• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Anyone know how to access downloads from Backerkit after a project is closed?

vordrax

Validated User
Like probably many of you, I back my fair share of RPG Kickstarters. I prefer PDFs for the most part, because I can just access them whenever I want, usually from DriveThru RPG. But occasionally we'll get things that don't end up on DTRPG. I'm specifically talking about Blades in the Dark right now - I backed the Special Edition. So there's a Special Edition PDF, as well as a few other files that are only available on Backerkit, as far as I know.

Only, when I went to go to Backerkit to download onto this PC, I noticed that it shows that the project is closed. Normally, you click on "Review Details" and get a button that you can click to go to Digital Downloads. But that button is unavailable now (and for Worlds of the Cypher System, which isn't as big of a deal since I have everything on Monte Cook's site.) Has anyone else run into this? Is there something I'm missing?

numtini

Validated User
Are you logging in or just following an old link? If you haven't done so, create an account with your email, and then log in and it should show all the projects that used that email. That might get you in sideways.

vordrax

Validated User
Are you logging in or just following an old link? If you haven't done so, create an account with your email, and then log in and it should show all the projects that used that email. That might get you in sideways.
Yes, I'm using my Backerkit account. Here's what I'm referring to: https://m.imgur.com/a/zJdF5t0

Follow has downloads. Font Awesome has downloads. Blades in the Dark used to, but no longer does. And if you go to the Blades in the Dark page directly, it just says the project is closed.

Kurt McMahon

Academic Ninja
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Blades in the Dark Kickstarter downloads are available here under “Backer Downloads”.

There’s a password required for the Dropbox account where the files are hosted. I’m not going to post it here obviously, but you can find it in a number of the backers-only Kickstarter updates (check update #60, for example).

vordrax

Validated User
The Blades in the Dark Kickstarter downloads are available here under “Backer Downloads”.

There’s a password required for the Dropbox account where the files are hosted. I’m not going to post it here obviously, but you can find it in a number of the backers-only Kickstarter updates (check update #60, for example).
Thanks, it doesn't include the Special Edition PDF or the Adobe publisher files though (those were specifically delivered through Backerkit.)

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User
You'll need to contact John Harper directly - once a Backerkit Project is closed, the contents are no longer available.

Matt-M-McElroy

What Are You Afraid Of?
Validated User
You'll need to contact John Harper directly - once a Backerkit Project is closed, the contents are no longer available.
John could upload all of the files to DriveThruRPG and give comp copies to KS backers, leaving them inactive. That way they would always be available for backers in their Library and no one would have to worry about closed links or other issues. Publishers are more than welcome to deliver files using those tools.

M

vordrax

Validated User
I emailed Evil Hat (since they are considered the project owner) the day I created this thread. No dice so far.

g33k

Validated User
I emailed Evil Hat (since they are considered the project owner) the day I created this thread. No dice so far.
Given that it's the WEEKEND, I'm not surprised. Also, you are.asking them to be an intermediary, so I'd expect everything to go a bit slower.

Top Bottom