Anyone playing Apex: Legends? (From the makers of Titanfall)

Burgonet

Retired user
Validated User
Yeah I still don't know how I feel about the new gun.
But the fact that they're introducing new stuff already bodes well for this game's future as far as replay-ability goes.

Finally an 'EA' Publishing game I actually quite like!

Steamed Bun Love

Here for the pork buns
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Havoc is shiny! That half-second-long windup before you fire is agonizing, though. Definitely use a turbocharger mod. I've not tried the laserbeam alt-fire unlocked by the select-fire mod but from what I've seen in youtube videos and such it looks amazingly cool but does terrible damage, especially considering you need a hop-up AND 5 rounds per shot.

...I think my favorite weapon so far is the ol' reliable R-301. I often pair it with an Eva-8. Or a Wingman; even with my terrible aim that revolver is very, very satisfying to use.
Are you me? The R-99/R-301 & EVA-8 is my most used combo.

agentCDE

Validated User
Are you me? The R-99/R-301 & EVA-8 is my most used combo.
It's a solid kit! The Space Kalashnikov Flatline is a solid performer too.

I keep trying to make the cowboy loadout work. Peacekeeper and Wingman. Lever-action and revolver! It's a classic, right? ...but I've bad aim with the wingman and somehow WORSE with the peacekeeper.

All these close range builds work fairly well with Bloodhound's ult. Though considering how suicidal it feels some times I'm wondering if I should scream "WITNESS ME, ALL-FATHER!" at the top of my lungs when I trigger beast of the hunt.

yalborap

Well, that’s just Prime.
Validated User
I had a damn good rescue tonight.

So I’m playing Pathfinder, we drop in to one of the factory areas, scatter to find shit and end up all over the map. I get some kinda SMG and go to catch up with the closest teammate, clambering up onto a catwalk in time to watch him go into a building with a whole squad in it and get his shit wrecked. he barely manages to crawl outside before they put two in his brainpan.

While I learn that said SMG has, like, zero fucking accuracy at the kind of distance we’re playing at. Good news, they’re all set up for CQC too, so they can just kind of take pot shots at me...

And then my good good Ultimate fills up.

I pop a zip line to drop me right by the death box, swing in, grab his banner, whip around with bullets pinging past me, ride it back up (thank fucking GOD that’s a thing I didn’t know if it would work when I put down the line), whip over the catwalk, grapple a wall for some momentum and book it out of there and to the respawn terminal.

It was stupid and hilarious and it worked and I’m not even mad that we walked into a five-way firefight a few minutes later and got wiped.

Norrec

Validated User
All these close range builds work fairly well with Bloodhound's ult. Though considering how suicidal it feels some times I'm wondering if I should scream "WITNESS ME, ALL-FATHER!" at the top of my lungs when I trigger beast of the hunt.
What about it makes it feel suicidal? I tend to use it if I think there is a chance enemies are about just so I can see them from really far away. If no one is about I can tell my team it's all clear on the predator vision and we can move on in peace. Just last night I used it to run really fast and respawn my brother when he'd died. A few times I've gotten to use it to shoot people through Bangalore's smoke which is really funny.

agentCDE

Validated User
Ah, I've mostly been using beast of the hunt for the speed boost right before a fight, and then going in with a shotgun or R99. Normally in an FPS I prefer long-range weapons, but that's not what scores kills here, so I'm trying to force myself to be a lot more aggressive.

CaButler

Validated User
Well, I just had my best game yet. I was playing as Bloodhound with a Bangalore and Caustic. And despite being random, we moved together quite well, setting up traps, covering each others backs, and using our powers pretty efficiently. Sure, we didn't get into any real firefights until near the end (I was the jumpmaster and chose a spot that was out of the way), but in the end, we were the last team standing. I even got the last kill of the game (with a grand total of three kills).

So, yeah, I don't expect to have a repeat performance like that again anytime soon.

SteppenRazer

Validated User
I’m quite enjoying it. It’s taken over from Overwatch as my go to ‘kill 20 minutes’ game. I play on Xbox as Fiddler85

flashedarling

Validated User
I’m quite enjoying it. It’s taken over from Overwatch as my go to ‘kill 20 minutes’ game.
Same here. It used to be I'd boot up and play Overwatch daily, now it is Apex Legends. It's grabbed me when PUBG and Fortnite failed to. I think it is primarily due to the kinetic pace, which I find much more satisfying than PUBG's careful crawling and Fortnites tower building. I also think the team aspect helps a ton. I'm pretty mediocre at FPS games in general but by focusing on a team can really balance out any individual members skill, or lack there-of. Sometimes you'll get matched with a guy who is really good and carries you to a victory. Other times you'll be matched with people not so good, but then at the final results screen I can at least go "I got the most damage and kills of my team" which is itself a bit of a victory.

I'm a sucker for team-based shooters with different heroes to pick from ever since TF2. This has definitely hit all the right buttons for me.

Finally, supply ship. I always drop supply ship if it is even remotely possible. Now that they've fixed most the bugs with it I think it is the best place to start a match.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
So I've noodled around in this a little; are the gun physics different from in Overwatch? I can't seem to hit anyone. Like, literally, anyone.

Top Bottom