Anyone playing Apex: Legends? (From the makers of Titanfall)

Acrozatarim

Safe with us pandas.
Validated User
The only hitscan weapon in the game is the funky laser rifle thingy in one of its firing modes, so you have to account for bullet drop etc with the rest. Also you're often going to be engaging at much greater distances than in Overwatch.

At shorter ranges, if you've got the reflexes to land hits in Overwatch, you should be able to land them in Apex too.

CarpeGuitarrem

Blogger and gamer
Validated User
The only hitscan weapon in the game is the funky laser rifle thingy in one of its firing modes, so you have to account for bullet drop etc with the rest. Also you're often going to be engaging at much greater distances than in Overwatch.

At shorter ranges, if you've got the reflexes to land hits in Overwatch, you should be able to land them in Apex too.
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I'll try to keep that in mind; I imagine the larger engage distances matter a lot since hitboxes are much smaller compared to my field of vision.

Aspeon

Validated User
But if you can actually hit, the time to kill is way faster than Overwatch, right? I thought Lifeline's ability to heal the team in a game where healing otherwise only comes from consumables would be really good, but it seems like if you're taking health damage you're basically dead.

Not a huge fan of how the matchmaking seems to put me in a team with one super experienced player and one medium player when I queue solo. The experienced player goes off on their own and solo kills several enemy teams while the other two of us go around looting things, but then when we all get together I die instantly the first time we get in a fight. Is this one of those games that you're not even supposed to try without friends to explain stuff or an hour of guides on YouTube?

Green Onion

The 8 Hour Gamer
Validated User
And here is your Battle Pass!

Launching tomorrow. This is my go-to "I have a variable amount of time to play" pick-up game now, displacing Overwatch.

Still like OW, but the dev cycle (or re-cycle) for non-OWL content, combined with the need to get a six-stack together to have an optimal time have weighed it down.

Top Bottom