Anyone playing Apex: Legends? (From the makers of Titanfall)

Steamed Bun Love

Here for the pork buns
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've noticed over my games this weekend that I'm good with my fists and shit weapons. I killed a whole squad by punching them and repeatedly emptying an automatic pistol into them while hopping like a manic bunny on speed. I imagine it looked ridiculous. I was just flailing.

Steamed Bun Love

Here for the pork buns
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm gonna have to use it more. I usually rely heavily on the R-99 and R-301. Also, I'm just terrible at this game in general.

flashedarling

Validated User
I've managed to get wins with all 8 legends. I decided I enjoyed the game enough to pay for Caustic so I could get the achievement. I've usually done my best with the Devotion, despite energy ammo being terribly hard to find. On my last win I ran out of ammo during the last firefight and finished off the enemy by dropping Caustic's ult and getting into a blind melee, throwing punches to end it. At least, they were blind, Caustic can see through his own gas.

I'm still usually the worst performer on my team but I am getting better. The thing I have to remember to do is continue to dodge while I aim. It is hard sometimes to not stand still while lining up a shot. I cannot believe I've already put around 60 hours into this game.

Steamed Bun Love

Here for the pork buns
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Caustic looks like he does well if you can set up an ambush for enemies. I've seen some sick wins from him.

So, I've been trying a new strategy of "dropping the moment the countdown ends." This forces me to get into fights early. It's racking up my kill counter or ending my game fast. It forces me to get into fights, get used to trying to kill opponents immediately... had some damn good fights, too.

Burgonet

Writer and author
Validated User
Caustic is fantastic in confined spaces.
My favourite kill of all time involves trapping a player by surrounding him with gas traps, while I myself was otherwise naked and unarmed, and gassing them to death.
Likewise his gas traps and ultimate are great for extracting fallen or wounded players.

agentCDE

Validated User
The Havoc is shiny! That half-second-long windup before you fire is agonizing, though. Definitely use a turbocharger mod. I've not tried the laserbeam alt-fire unlocked by the select-fire mod but from what I've seen in youtube videos and such it looks amazingly cool but does terrible damage, especially considering you need a hop-up AND 5 rounds per shot.

...I think my favorite weapon so far is the ol' reliable R-301. I often pair it with an Eva-8. Or a Wingman; even with my terrible aim that revolver is very, very satisfying to use.

Last edited:
Top Bottom