• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Anyone read/reviewed Tales of Mythic Europe?

SJE

Bibliomancer
Validated User
So, the new Ars Magica book- Tales of Mythic Europe? Any good? Worth reading/buying/running? Whats the goss?

Thx.

SJE

Fhtagn

Vorpal Fluff Bunny
Validated User
So, the new Ars Magica book- Tales of Mythic Europe? Any good? Worth reading/buying/running? Whats the goss?

Thx.

SJE
Got it. Read it. Enjoyed it. The adventures run a nice spread from politics to high fantasy to dealing with the infernal to, well, dealing with people. Some of the adventures also use bits from various supplements, showing very nicely how they would work in play, and giving a short explanation for those without the books. The bits from RoP:M and RoP:F were particularly nicely used, and made a lot more sense to me after reading them.

I doubt I'll run any of the stories straight from the book, but I'm greedily mining it for ideas.

Tyrrell

Go Play Ars Magica
Validated User
I like it a great deal. There's a faerie story about viking ghosts that's going to plug into my saga perfectly.

I'll second ftagn's point that the stories really have a varied collection of subjects.

Here's the Table of Contents, (sadly there was no intro posted in advance on this one).
http://www.atlas-games.com/pdf_storage/ToMEContents.pdf

Last edited:
Top Bottom