• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Anyone Remember How To Play WoW CCG?

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
A buddy of mine has an ass of Warcraft CCG cards and I tried playing it for the first time today. Anybody know how to construct a well proportioned deck?

Ikoma

Validated User
I loved that game! Choosing your class, your hero (many different versions of each class). It's been a lllllllloooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time since I played though. I'll see what I remember, what are you looking for?

Ikoma

Validated User
Hmmm, as far as specific builds I'm not sure, but I can give some general advice. Roughly 20 quests I remember being the right starting point, adjust to taste kind of like mana in a magic deck.

Warlocks and hunters have the best class specific creatures in the game. Rogues I remember needing either lots of abilities or a way to search for the cards the want, they operate off of combo chains just like in WoW proper. Warriors have the best equipment and were very nasty in a tourney environment due to how they interacted with a very specific card. That's all I got for now

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
Hmmm, as far as specific builds I'm not sure, but I can give some general advice. Roughly 20 quests I remember being the right starting point, adjust to taste kind of like mana in a magic deck.

Warlocks and hunters have the best class specific creatures in the game. Rogues I remember needing either lots of abilities or a way to search for the cards the want, they operate off of combo chains just like in WoW proper. Warriors have the best equipment and were very nasty in a tourney environment due to how they interacted with a very specific card. That's all I got for now
Have you ever played multiplayer games on teams? If so what was your teams strategy?

Vargen

Validated User
I haven't looked at the game since it launched when my roommate bought some cards. I remember the rules were more interesting to me than the cards. I read the rules and saw a lot of potential for cool stuff with the quests and such. Then I looked at what the cards did and realized the games would mostly play out like Magic: the Gathering.

So I'd start by building a WoW deck like it was a Magic deck, with a core of creatures/minions/whatever-they're-called and then change things as I discovered problems.

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
I haven't looked at the game since it launched when my roommate bought some cards. I remember the rules were more interesting to me than the cards. I read the rules and saw a lot of potential for cool stuff with the quests and such. Then I looked at what the cards did and realized the games would mostly play out like Magic: the Gathering.

So I'd start by building a WoW deck like it was a Magic deck, with a core of creatures/minions/whatever-they're-called and then change things as I discovered problems.
Yeah, I've been playing around with it along with some friends of mine, and I was disappointed that it played like magic. Although I did like the whole choose a hero and the different classes stuff. We are actually still playing around with it when we can. He has all the cards from the first three sets.

Asklepios

Validated User
The Raid decks were a fun dimension to it. I remember playing through Onyxia's Lair with my buddies, and having a lot of fun.

Having said that, of the many card games I've played, this one doesn't really shine as an exceptional or especially interesting game. Oddly, it was only a month ago that I donated all my WOW cards to charity, despite not having touched them for many years.

The Discerning Gentleman

Has Transcended
Validated User
The Raid decks were a fun dimension to it. I remember playing through Onyxia's Lair with my buddies, and having a lot of fun.

Having said that, of the many card games I've played, this one doesn't really shine as an exceptional or especially interesting game. Oddly, it was only a month ago that I donated all my WOW cards to charity, despite not having touched them for many years.
I understand. What card games do you recommend?

Top Bottom