💀 Necro Anyone Still Playing Silhouette?

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
This is firmly in my "love reading the books, probably will never get a chance to meaningfully play" RPG list. I do have a pretty solid collection of the Blitz KS from a few years back, though, so a buddy and I have talked about getting a wargame on.

But man, I do love me the history and technical volumes- it hits the same beats that Battletech does for me with its Historicals and TROs.

Last edited:

Marras

Validated User
I'm not playing it at the moment but I can see it happening at some time in future as I am currently running good old Cyberpunk 2020. Heck, the last time I ran anything with Silhouette was a cyberpunk scenario using the excellent material I found from the net at the late 90's.

Cloud Divider

Validated User
I'm not playing it at the moment but I can see it happening at some time in future as I am currently running good old Cyberpunk 2020. Heck, the last time I ran anything with Silhouette was a cyberpunk scenario using the excellent material I found from the net at the late 90's.
Odds are good that I was the author of the Silhouette Cyberpunk material you found online back in the late 90s. I think it finally went offline when the university webserver I hosted it on finally realized I'd graduated years prior.

Kinda funny, that.

I handed the electronic archive of the material off to Doc Guilty, here, to resurrect on Banzaidyne, if he had the time or inclination.

Doctor Guilty

Action Cartographer!
Validated User
Odds are good that I was the author of the Silhouette Cyberpunk material you found online back in the late 90s. I think it finally went offline when the university webserver I hosted it on finally realized I'd graduated years prior.

Kinda funny, that.

I handed the electronic archive of the material off to Doc Guilty, here, to resurrect on Banzaidyne, if he had the time or inclination.
:eek: Damnit, I knew I’d forgotten something. I’ll try setting up a separate Neocities account for that and see how it works.

Last edited:

Cloud Divider

Validated User
:eek: Damnit, I knew I’d forgotten something. I’ll try setting up a separate Neocoties account for that and see how it works.
No worries. I honestly can't hold your own generosity against you when you've got vastly more meaningful priorities to work with.

I mean, what, I think it took me four years for me to get you the archive after we first talked about it. :p

Marras

Validated User

Kinda funny, that.

If pbourque references to you, then yes it's your material. I still have at least some of the html files stashed away (no pics, though). I hope you don't mind. Great material, thanks for sharing those back then!

Cloud Divider

Validated User
If pbourque references to you, then yes it's your material. I still have at least some of the html files stashed away (no pics, though). I hope you don't mind. Great material, thanks for sharing those back then!
Yup! That's me!

Banzai's got it all (images, too, I think), so it might yet still lukber back to life!

Yeah, so here's that mainline nostalgia hit again.

I ran some really fun campains using that material. And some of my favorite GM War Stories where the players derailed the entire campaign in the first scene were from those years (man, those guys). Good times!

Marras

Validated User
Yup! That's me!

Banzai's got it all (images, too, I think), so it might yet still lukber back to life!

Yeah, so here's that mainline nostalgia hit again.

I ran some really fun campains using that material. And some of my favorite GM War Stories where the players derailed the entire campaign in the first scene were from those years (man, those guys). Good times!
Cool! Nice to see you here! It's funny to see people from old forums or even mailing lists pop up here. Anyway, never underestimate the power of nostalgia :)

Top Bottom