• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Anyone want to help a student out ?!!

Lauramay

I am currently looking for participants to take part in my Master’s degree research project.

(I need roughly 100 responses to run a meaningful statistical analysis- aaaah!!)

This involves completing a series of online questionnaires relating to the role of place in the LARP community and the impact play has on well being in adulthood. It will take less than 20 minutes to complete and you must be over the age of 18 and involved with a LARP community in some way to take part. All response are completely anonymous, I hope you can all help me spread the word as I am struggling and feel like I have hounded social media !

Many thanks,

Laura
:)

Iralith

Validated User
Filled out! Interesting survey; I'm curious about your results!

If I had to guess, I'd guess that they'll be all over the place. I feel like this is an area where different LARPing formats and communities have different feelings and standards, and different individual LARPers have different feelings and standards on top of that. How people incorporate the real spaces they're in into the make-believe of LARPing is . . . well, presumably, it's a big part of what you're studying here.

A note: I suspect it's too late to make any sort of change to the language in the survey--even in the introductory stuff before the questions--but I suspect you might lose some people with the "male and female" and "male"/"female"/"prefer not to say" bits. I think that excludes some gender options that would be accurate and meaningful for a lot of your potential respondents; I have lots of friends who LARP and whose pronouns aren't "he/him" or "she/her." (That's not to say I think you were leaving out nonbinary, etc., folks deliberately! Just a point to factor in when you're designing your next survey.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom