• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[AoS/WHFB] RIP Tomb Kings

Geoffrey21

Don't say, just cool.
Validated User
I had been eyeing a unit of Tomb Guard for a Frostgrave warband of all things. Then GW squatted the Tomb Kings and took the whole line out of production last week and the remnants sold out online realllly quickly. So I thought my dreams were done.

Today I found a box of the dusty bastards at a FLGS so I happily scooped them up.

Now will I manage to snag a Neceosphinx to convert into a Thousand Sons dreadnought/hellbrute? They don't seem to be selling out so quickly but I am not made of money when it comes to hobby spending so who knows.

What will you miss about the now consigned to history Tomb Kings? And what's next to be squatted?

MjrTrauma

One of Everything
Validated User
I had been eyeing a unit of Tomb Guard for a Frostgrave warband of all things. Then GW squatted the Tomb Kings and took the whole line out of production last week and the remnants sold out online realllly quickly. So I thought my dreams were done.

Today I found a box of the dusty bastards at a FLGS so I happily scooped them up.

Now will I manage to snag a Neceosphinx to convert into a Thousand Sons dreadnought/hellbrute? They don't seem to be selling out so quickly but I am not made of money when it comes to hobby spending so who knows.

What will you miss about the now consigned to history Tomb Kings? And what's next to be squatted?
Did the same - placed an order for a necrosphinx from a local retailer yesterday when I heard the news. Was thinking of the sepulchural serpent guys too, but I figured I'd go for a centerpiece model.

Who's next? Do Ogryns fit within any current Grand Alliance?

Calculon

Emergency Comedy Hologram
Validated User

Are they no longer within "Grand Alliance: Death"?

Where's the announcement taking the Tomb King lines offline?

Geoffrey21

Don't say, just cool.
Validated User
No real announcement. There is a little blurb on the web site and they were all moved to the "Last Chance To Buy" section of the GW website. Almost the entire line went from being in stock to Sold Out and No Longer Available in hours last Friday. Also apparently there are no profiles for any of them in the Grand Alliance Death book.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
I'll admit to being surpised. I though Brettonia would be the first faction to be squatted.
I did Think TK's wuld be number two though

the_vomacht

Validated User
A cryin' shame. I always liked the Tomb Kings' fluff, it was refreshing to see an undead faction that's more neutral than evil.
Hell, they didn't even care much about expanding, they just wanted to be left alone to sit around a mope about being skeletons. They were practically good compared to most of the Empire.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
A cryin' shame. I always liked the Tomb Kings' fluff, it was refreshing to see an undead faction that's more neutral than evil.
Hell, they didn't even care much about expanding, they just wanted to be left alone to sit around a mope about being skeletons. They were practically good compared to most of the Empire.
Well, they want all their gold back and expand their empire to the pre-Plague of Undeath borders. But yeah, nasty, expansionistic, greedy undead.
But yeah, they are probably neutral in the Warhammer-verse

durecellrabbit

Validated User
I'll admit to being surpised. I though Brettonia would be the first faction to be squatted.
I did Think TK's wuld be number two though
They seem to be doing most of the range reductions as they get around to each book. Bret will probably go when they do Order.

Galadrin

Validated User
I haven't followed GW for over a decade, but I have to admit I could care less of the Tomb Kings bite the bullet. I never liked how they split off from the Undead army book in 5th edition. I much prefer my undead armies to have vampires AND mummies! Leading a zombie horde with Settra was just always so cool.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
I haven't followed GW for over a decade, but I have to admit I could care less of the Tomb Kings bite the bullet. I never liked how they split off from the Undead army book in 5th edition. I much prefer my undead armies to have vampires AND mummies! Leading a zombie horde with Settra was just always so cool.
I actually like the narrative "cleanness" of having the egyptian mummies being seperate form the Hammer Horror army, but I can certainly see the appeal in having them mixed too.

Top Bottom