• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC [Apocalypse World 2e] After Ragnarok

Atlictoatl

Powered by the Apocryphal
Validated User
Atlictoatl Atlictoatl , I've left you out for now, but drop me a line when/if you're ready to step back in.
(y)

I've been scheduled for another week of travel and training next week, so it's gonna be a little bit before things normalize for me. Definitely don't have the bandwidth for processing a restart right now.

MysteryCat

They Seek Him Here & There
Validated User
(y)

I've been scheduled for another week of travel and training next week, so it's gonna be a little bit before things normalize for me. Definitely don't have the bandwidth for processing a restart right now.
No worries, whenever you're ready. The joy of being... elsewhere IC

Should I still answer the questions? Or just read what's up now?
Hey. If you're inclined to answer the questions, I'll certainly find a use for it! And don't forget your advance.

Dirty Chai

Flamen Solis et Lunae
Validated User
...Freyr, you were out in the cold of the night, far from home. Trying to keep Miekke (and yourself) from freezing to death. Throwing your hopes at the feet of unknown fishermen.
Pick a character advance, and tell me what it means. Then tell me:
  • Who (else) did you kill, that night? Did you have to?
  • What did you promise, to keep Miekke alive? To who?
  • When you heard it in the distance - the gunfire, the explosions - did you go?
Ah, no worries. 'No one' is a perfectly valid answer to 'who did you kill?', if a little out of character ;) But a promise could equally be a threat - I promise I won't kill anyone else if you help, I promise I'll burn this place to the snowline if you don't, etc

If you'd like an alternative question, let's try
Who - or what - came hunting for you, later in the night?
Freyr will take Daredevil from the Driver playbook as his advance.

Pulling up to one's front door rarely ends well, but Freyr tries it anyway. He's rewarded with a heavyset man in heavy flannel coming out, armed with a shotgun. "Fuck off" is heard before bullets fly. He doesn't wait to hear from the other dogs in the pack and within a minute there's steam rising from blood spilled across ice. He reaches fire by pointing his magnum at the ancient mother of the brood, saying he'll kill her too - she hisses at him, screams, and he plants a final bullet right between her eyes.

So Freyr huddles by the fire of the family he's slain, Miekke in his arms right up against the stove, all while those horrific wings thunder above him, an endless, electric assailing of the ear-drums with waves of horror. He fixates his eyes on the flames for the rest of the night, ignoring his place in the world except in relation to his charge and the flames keeping them alive, and the dragon lurks ever above and around.

--------------------------

Getting back into Freyr was much harder than I expected it to be. I have to apologize for not better communicating about it and my activity this month. I think I must have just really not liked what I knew happens there.

Last edited:

MysteryCat

They Seek Him Here & There
Validated User
Freyr will take Daredevil from the Driver playbook as his advance.

Pulling up to one's front door rarely ends well, but Freyr tries it anyway. He's rewarded with a heavyset man in heavy flannel coming out, armed with a shotgun. "Fuck off" is heard before bullets fly. He doesn't wait to hear from the other dogs in the pack and within a minute there's steam rising from blood spilled across ice. He reaches fire by pointing his magnum at the ancient mother of the brood, saying he'll kill her too - she hisses at him, screams, and he plants a final bullet right between her eyes.

So Freyr huddles by the fire of the family he's slain, Miekke in his arms right up against the stove, all while those horrific wings thunder above him, an endless, electric assailing of the ear-drums with waves of horror. He fixates his eyes on the flames for the rest of the night, ignoring his place in the world except in relation to his charge and the flames keeping them alive, and the dragon lurks ever above and around.

--------------------------

Getting back into Freyr was much harder than I expected it to be. I have to apologize for not better communicating about it and my activity this month. I think I must have just really not liked what I knew happens there.
That's a bleak turn, even for a killer like Freyr. Can see how it gave you pause. Good stuff though; and good to have you back.

Top Bottom