• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Archer in Space (Archer S10)

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
On the other hand I've loved the alternate settings because theres only so many "abusive office environment with spy stuff" jokes you can tell before they get stale. Haven't seen s10 yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
At this point I'd much rather prefer a brand-new show with the same talent and an updated premise.

insomniac

Validated User
At this point I'd much rather prefer a brand-new show with the same talent and an updated premise.
They were gonna do a post-apoc Dukes of Hazard thing but that fell through.

So I think that what they're doing, at this point, more or less is a bunch of new shows with the same talent and a premise that changes every season.

Dulahan

Validated User
I'm really just... gobstruck by how many people hate these seasons. I thought last season specifically was the best Archer yet. And this season ep 1 was HILARIOUS. Keeps the show fresh, and still allows all sorts of great callbacks.

jimthegray

Validated User
Loved ep 1. And last season was awesome..though admittedly I loved tales of the gold monkey and like stories

Dave999

Validated User
I'm really just... gobstruck by how many people hate these seasons. I thought last season specifically was the best Archer yet. And this season ep 1 was HILARIOUS. Keeps the show fresh, and still allows all sorts of great callbacks.
It depends if you actually care about the Archer characters and their storyline in the "real world."

FrivYeti

Yeti On The Lam!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I bought Season 9 on Google Play when it first came out, and then I bounced off it so hard I still haven't finished the season.

My problems with the coma seasons are threefold.

The first problem is that if you're going to do these weird alternate realities, the characters need to match, because it's not just a voice actor you know. I bought the character alterations in Archer Noir; they fit the characters, streamed through Archer's perception of them, and were interesting. In Danger Island, I mostly didn't. On top of that, everything with Lana was intensely awkward, everything with the cannibal tribe was beyond awkward and into "just kind of racist", and there just wasn't enough great stuff to keep my attention.

I think the problem is that the premise has been played through. If the writers want to do a weird wacky anthology show, that is cool, but they should go ahead and not have the characters look the same and do the callbacks in every season, because those are honestly just kind of lazy.

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
Wasn't a big fan of last season either, but I loved the Noir season and am otherwise open minded about AU seasons. I think i just bounced badly from the set up and references of S9 (and it still had some good moments).

Paul Watson

Validated User
While I'd love to see a return to the traditional office setting, I'm enjoying the coma seasons. Noir I've loved through repeat viewings; then again, I'm a huge fan of noir. I didn't dig Danger Island as much, but it's grown on me; for me, it works better when I just binge the whole season.

1999 is completely my jam. Of the coma seasons, it's up there with Noir. I think it comes down to, for me, a better blending of the characters familiar qualities with the new setting, something ep2 really cemented.

ViciousFish

Validated User
I enjoyed episode 2 way more than episode 1. Better jokes all around I thought. There was a couple I thought were probably going to be the line of the season and then they’d top them.

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
I didn't much care for Dreamland (but didn't hate it), liked Danger Island, and am enjoying this one so far. I love the 1980s Sci-Fi theme to death.

I do have to re-watch last night's episode, I missed the first ten minutes of it getting home from Godzilla.

-Thornhammer

Top Bottom