• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Are These The Bad Guys For The Avengers Movie?

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They retcon the Dire Wraith as the Deviant Skrulls?
Huh?

From the Marvel's official wiki:
With one sample group, they affected a series of genes related to longevity, and created Skrullian Eternals. With another, they tested for genetic stability and diversity, and created Skrullian Deviants. In a third group, they implanted a gene series which would enable rapid benevolent mutation under the right conditions when the species matured. This group, its genetic modifications latent, remained the Skrullian “Normals”. After performing their genetic diversification, the Celestials left. The Deviant branch of the race, developing powers of mimicry, began to dominate the planet and eventually eradicated both the Eternal and Normal branches of the species (this is in marked contrast with the human race, another subject of Celestial experimentation, where the Normal branch continued to dominate the species).

The mainline, shape-shiter Skrulls are the Deviant off-shoot of the race.

Edit: Frojm the same
There is rumored to be relationship between the Skrulls and shape-changing Dire Wraiths.
So there might some connection but it never stated.

Last edited:

xnbach

Retired User
Since the Marvel movieverse tends to borrow liberally from the Ultimate Universe, it wouldn't surprise me if they used Skrulls and went with the Nazi Chitauri version.

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
Since the Marvel movieverse tends to borrow liberally from the Ultimate Universe, it wouldn't surprise me if they used Skrulls and went with the Nazi Chitauri version.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. Though I've not heard about any alien thing in the Captain America movie beyond a connection of what might be the Cosmic Cube with Asgard.

Qwa'ha Xahn

AuntNeppy

Black Leaf
Validated User
I just hope that if they use the "Masters of Evil," they change the name to just "the Masters." I think it's a more elegant counterpart to "the Avengers," and it doesn't sound so cheesy.
And get sued into oblivion by a certain golf tournament held in Augusta, Georgia. :)

Silverlion

Banned
Huh?

The mainline, shape-shiter Skrulls are the Deviant off-shoot of the race.

Edit: Frojm the same
There is rumored to be relationship between the Skrulls and shape-changing Dire Wraiths.
So there might some connection but it never stated.

From Wikipedia (and Marvel Comics: Rom vol. 1, #1 - 75 + Annual #1 - 4, Rom vol. 1, Annual #2 (1983) )

"The Dire Wraiths are an evolutionary offshoot of the Skrulls from the Andromeda Galaxy. Like the Skrulls, the Wraiths are shape-shifters, able to take the forms of other creatures. The Wraiths were originally depicted as amorphous, cloudy, vaguely humanoid-shaped beings. However, it was eventually revealed that was a transitional form used for shape-shifting. Their basic appearance, however, is entirely different and is highly sexually dimorphic."

Also: http://marvel.wikia.com/Dire_Wraiths

"The Dire Wraiths were a Deviant offshoot of the Skrulls that practiced arcane arts and resided on Wraithworld in the much feared Dark Nebula."

It was brought up in Rom Comics proper when they had Skrulls hunting Dire Wraiths and Rom had to deal with them. (I'd have to dig through comics to get you the specific issue though.)

JdRavnos

Geek Visionary.
Validated User
Having the Kree/Skrull War (in likely a very different format than the comics) makes me think of including Captain Mar-vell, which makes me think of the possibility of Ms. Marvel. Probably not becoming a full fledged superhero, but possibly setting her up for a sequel. With Whedon directing and almost all male team-lineup, it wouldn't surprise me anyhow.

Scoundrel

Go. Play. Trek.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Through the magic of Time Travel, I bring you the bad guys from The Avengers:

Spoiler: Show

Sorry I don't do lotto numbers. :D

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
Ultron, you're probably right. Kang I think I'd dispute.
As a non-Avengers fan (I started reading with New Avengers, and currently reading New Avengers, Secret Avengers, and Avengers Academy, but NOT Avengers itself), Kang is the first thing that comes to mind when I think "Avengers villain". Followed shortly by Ultron, and then Loki and the Hulk (with caveats).

Top Bottom