• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Are you ready for some football?

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Where has the summer gone? The Hall of Fame game, AKA first game of the pre-season, is Thursday.

So, how does your team look this year?

Cailet

Validated User
Well we have a QB who excels on intermediate throws but sits at the bottom of the league with the long ball and yet another coach whose sole offensive concept seems to be to go for the long bomb soo....

Defence should be interesting which would be nice but unless we turn out to have a mutant hybrid of the '85 Bears and the '00 Ravens it won't matter.

DailyRich

Damn fool idealist
Validated User
The Bucs blogs I follow have been raving about how good the defense looks, but I'm not sure if that's because they're legitimately good or because our offense is that bad.

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Steelers are up in the air. If our defense solidifies against the medium pass game and the offense can produce without the former stars, we should make the playoffs. I don't see the Browns taking the division, Cincy is a disaster, and the Ravens don't look great. It's going to be a real ride this year.

Asklepios

Validated User
Chelmsford City here.

Well, we won 7-0 against AFC Sudbury on the 6th July, and have won other matches 7-0 and 10-0 as well in the last month and a bit. First League match is this Saturday against Hampton & Richmond Borough, hopefully strong form will carry through. Frankly we've got goal-scorers from every direction, so maybe headed for promotion soon, not that we'll ever be Premier League.

Wait... I don't think you guys are talking about football here. :)

Liberator

Rollin' Dice
Validated User
I don’t know what is going to happen with the Vikings this season. I don’t think We’ve done enough work on our o-line to keep Cousins from getting smeared. I’m also not optimistic about our placekicking situation.

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
- Can the Texans have a healthy QB? Maybe... (Watson looks to be doing ok)
- Can the Texans have a decent offensive line to help keep that QB healthy? Maybe...
- Can the Texans have a decent backup QB in case the QB doesn't stay healthy? Maybe...(AJ McCarron seems ok)
- Can the Texans keep JJ Watt healthy? Maybe... (He's a machine, but also probably one major injury away from deciding to retire)
- Can the Texans have enough defensive strength elsewhere to be effective once offenses gang up on Watt? Maybe...
- Can the Texans, even if all those turn out ok, not choke in the playoffs? Big maybe...

Crothian

Validated User
Steelers are up in the air. If our defense solidifies against the medium pass game and the offense can produce without the former stars, we should make the playoffs. I don't see the Browns taking the division, Cincy is a disaster, and the Ravens don't look great. It's going to be a real ride this year.
The Steelers also need some of that young talent to really shine. The team is declining though with Ben getting older and none of the backup QBs have really blossomed.

Cailet

Validated User
The Bucs blogs I follow have been raving about how good the defense looks, but I'm not sure if that's because they're legitimately good or because our offense is that bad.
Ayup. I do not understand what drives coaches to install a system that doesn't work with the players at hand. We have one of the best receiving corps in the league but our O-line is basically Ali Marpet and four massive turnstiles and everything I hear from Arians is about how he wants to run an ill-modernised Air Coryell system.

I remember it being a thing where QB-friendly schemes were looked down on but if it helps you win then who gives a fuck?

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The Steelers also need some of that young talent to really shine. The team is declining though with Ben getting older and none of the backup QBs have really blossomed.
True enough. The running backs, I think, are a strong, young unit. I really hope they don't just run the wheels off Conner. Receivers are a bigger question, but Ben was spreading the ball well last year. Juju is in position to do great things, but we really need a solid 2 and 3 to back him. McDonald is a decent outlet at TE but the rest...we'll see. Camp looks to be all business this year (only person with an "entrance" was...Eli Rogers?). I'm hoping for a good enough season to keep the haters at bay. I love my team, but so many of the fans are spoiled by long-term success that I have trouble following the media sometimes. I'll take one or two mediocre seasons in place of cyclical total collapse.

Top Bottom