• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Are you ready for some football?

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
I could keep snarking on AB and his helmet, but instead I'll report that the XFL announced names for their 8 teams today. Most of them are pretty blah (Washington Defenders, New York Guardians, LA Wildcats and Dallas Renegades), one has a nice touch of local pride and past teams (Houston Roughnecks), one is okay (Tampa Vipers), one absolutely sucks (St Louis Battlehawks--the 80s toy commercials action cartoon jokes are legion) and one all gamers are required to hail as awesome (Seattle Dragons).

Now to find out if this league lasts longer than the other one.

Lord Shark

Varoonik!
Validated User
I could keep snarking on AB and his helmet, but instead I'll report that the XFL announced names for their 8 teams today. Most of them are pretty blah (Washington Defenders, New York Guardians, LA Wildcats and Dallas Renegades), one has a nice touch of local pride and past teams (Houston Roughnecks), one is okay (Tampa Vipers), one absolutely sucks (St Louis Battlehawks--the 80s toy commercials action cartoon jokes are legion) and one all gamers are required to hail as awesome (Seattle Dragons).

I wonder if the Guardians' lion-head logo was inspired by the lions in front of the NYPL main branch.

Blackfang108

The Lord Wolf
Validated User

I'll be surprised if it doesn't at least finish out the season. the AAF fell because of funding issues. Vince is funding the XFL 2.0 on his own.

Also, I like the name the Battlehawks.

ranson

"Two Sheds"
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The complaint I saw over at Deadspin is that the team names (excepting Battlehawks) and logos aren't nearly ridiculous enough. I mean, if you're going to do the XFL, you might as well go for the aesthetic of the old one. Go over the top, or go home.

Xander

Validated User
How much football can we watch?

When I was deep in fantasy football, I would watch the Pats game and highlight games for my top players. Now I'm down to just the Pats game unless there is an amazing game.

I can't imagine watching another 3 hr game unless it is amazing entertainment...

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm not a huge NFL fan, but I typically watch several college football games each week (my alma mater's game* and then whatever games look interesting and I have time to catch). If it's fun enough, I could conceivably find time to take in an XFL game instead of one of those.

(CFB kickoff is, by the way, tomorrow, a fact about which I am, as the kids say, stoked. (I don't think the kids actually say that anymore.))

*Go Tigers!

Top Bottom