[Aristeia] MOBA + Sports tabletop game

Scutarii

Validated User
I managed to get a game in on Wednesday with someone entirely new to Aristeia. It didn't go great, their dice were atrocious so none of their characters ever showed off what they could do so there was never that chance to experience the 'power fantasy' of the characters. Lunah missed all game, Musashi darted in to cut down Gata and...failed...8-ball did a point of damage and displaced Maximus! Woo!

Only thing that did go their way was Hexxer trapping my entire team in the central zone with movement speed debuffs for a whole turn.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Awesome! :D

Hexxer is awesome. I mean, wow, yeah, that sounds like her. I feel bad for the other player. I hope they give it another try! :(

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Thinking about it: I'm finding that I like most of my characters/team to have control elements to them, but not to necessarily be control focused.

I get as much mileage out of Gata's ability to Dazzle as her ability to zip across the board.
Valkyrie's ability as a tank are great, but what I really like doing is freezing people in place (admittedly, getting extra Blue dice helps).
Major Lunah might be nasty for sniping, but its her Supressive Fire that gets used most of the time.

These seem to be my mainstays at the moment. My 4th character can vary quite a bit... how about the rest of you?

Scutarii

Validated User
Everything starts with Maximus. Surprisingly mobile with the free displaces when allies are targeted. While -1 damage from a squishy is not a huge amount the fact characters don't degrade in effectiveness as they take damage means stopping the 1 damage that would eliminate a character is worth a lot (either gives you another 5 actions OR forces them to spend more of their to do what should have been done in their first attack). And if I'm taking Maximus then Parvati is a good option for the heals but also because for 2 actions she can clear all statuses on someone. They spend multiple actions to roll off to place those effects and Parvati clears them for often fewer points.

Wild Bill often turns up too for the card shenanigans, can get you through most of the deck of cards and having the option to play through more of your deck than the opponent allows you to make the actions you do spend more powerful.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, watched the preview for the Chemical Brothers. Very interesting! They play with states to varying degrees, but Bachman especially. I think he's going to be fun. I wonder if you could steal beneficial states in a match? Hrm..

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, first off: profiles are up for the Chemical Brothers.
https://www.aristeiathegame.com/characters/bachmann
https://www.aristeiathegame.com/characters/hammerhead

Secondly: given my friends are streaming our Aristeia games, I decided to go ahead and order Legendary Bahadurs from a place where its in stock. As such, at some point in the future I will be getting a second box (my original order), so I'll sell that I think. But, hey, since I wholesale its not a huge loss exactly... would anyone be interested in it when it comes in? Which, at this rate, could be in a month or three :p

Top Bottom