• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Arkham Horror LCG announced

Gaffa

Fallen Writer
Validated User
I picked up the core set a while back. What is the best next step? Dunwich? Return to Night of the Zealot?
Depends what sort of story do you want to play?

Dunwich is pretty much a standard FFG Cthulhu board game experience transferred over to the card game. Carcosa is just weird and awesome. The most recent one is dead hard and excellent. The "return" to boxes are just tougher versions of their original counterparts.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
All three of the campaign boxes—Dunwich, Carcosa and Forgotten Age—are a good infusion of player cards. I personally think Carcosa has the most interesting batch of player cards, and the campaign's my favorite to date, if you see yourself wanting to play one through.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've been playing a lot of Solo Arkham LCG lately (half way Dunwich) with a Pete deck from ArkhamDB, and I'm having a blast. I think when I finish Dunwich I'll play Carcosa two-handed though, with a Guardian and something else (some clue gatherer hero), which I think will feel very different from Pete (which is pretty much Evade all the things, even if Duke gives you a solid attack, but I prefer to use it to move+investigate).

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
I tried a Desperate Duke build recently, in which Pete packs the desperate skills and ways to incur and mitigate horror, plus running on minimal resources with Madame Labranche and Dark Horse. It was an interesting situation to be disappointed not to be receiving as much horror as one might like.

Last edited:

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I tried a Desperate Duke build recently, in which Pete packs the desperate skills and ways to incur and mitigate horror, plus running on minimal resources with Madame Labranche and Dark House. It was an interesting situation to be disappointed not to be receiving as much horror as one might like.
I think that's a similar build to what I'm running. But I haven't used Madame Labranche a lot, my main ally is the guy that auto heals horror, and then usually one of the allies in the cycle (I bought Charisma as an upgrade). So once I get two horror (or the artifact that reduces your mental by 2), then all the horror goes to the ally instead. I have been unlucky that in 4 games I haven't drafted a single Leather Jacket, so regular wounds are always my main problem...

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
A Survivor ally dream team would be Peter Sylvester for horror soak, Madame Labranche to bum a dollar when you need one for Fire Ax and Yaotl to make your skill cards do double-duty.

Top Bottom