Arkham Horror LCG announced

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
How are you finding Resourceful in that deck?
Not very useful so far. I discard pretty much one card every turn to get Duke back, but I usually discard things I don't want so resourceful doesn't come to be useful very often (right now I can only remember one time).

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, uh, for anyone else who grabbed Return to Dunwich:

1: It's impossible to store the Dunwich Legacy cards in the box without removing the cardboard insert, right?
2: That's...a weird decision, isn't it? I'm not just crazy? Like, you'd think they would design the insert in such a way that it would be the appropriate size for the original cycle's cards + the new ones?

enoto

E, not O.
Validated User

1: It's impossible to store the Dunwich Legacy cards in the box without removing the cardboard insert, right?
2: That's...a weird decision, isn't it? I'm not just crazy? Like, you'd think they would design the insert in such a way that it would be the appropriate size for the original cycle's cards + the new ones?
With a handful of exceptions, FFG inserts are garbage.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User

I saw someone note that turning the insert upside down made it more useful in that regard, but it wasn't clear how many cards they had added to what came with the box itself.

My understanding—from someone at Steve Jackson Games in a podcast interview, in my hazy recollection—is 90% of game box inserts are designed solely with the intent to keep contents from getting dinged up in the process of shipping and stocking.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Not very useful so far. I discard pretty much one card every turn to get Duke back, but I usually discard things I don't want so resourceful doesn't come to be useful very often (right now I can only remember one time).
I was curious about that, because the candidates seemed to be mainly Leather Coat, the allies and Lucky! All good things to play again, but on the low end of density for Resourceful to pay off.

Calliope

Super Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I saw someone note that turning the insert upside down made it more useful in that regard, but it wasn't clear how many cards they had added to what came with the box itself.

My understanding—from someone at Steve Jackson Games in a podcast interview, in my hazy recollection—is 90% of game box inserts are designed solely with the intent to keep contents from getting dinged up in the process of shipping and stocking.
I can see that. It's just weird in this case because part of the way the whole thing is SOLD is as a storage solution.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
Continuing in my playgroup’s seeming theme of “failing forwards” in Arkham Horror campaigns, we just had a TPK in the “Unspeakable Oath” scenario of the Carcosa campaign. The next scenario will see us playing as a completely different group of investigators who have decided to pick up where these doomed investigators left off.

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was curious about that, because the candidates seemed to be mainly Leather Coat, the allies and Lucky! All good things to play again, but on the low end of density for Resourceful to pay off.
Lucky is one of the other cards that I'm torn about. It sounds great on paper, but so far my experience is that either I crush the test or that I fail miserably...

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
I can see that. It's just weird in this case because part of the way the whole thing is SOLD is as a storage solution.
True. Even a foam block in the manner of Sentinels of the Multiverse would do wonders. I've been kicking myself for throwing all those away ever since realizing how much these Return boxes would benefit from them.

Top Bottom