Arkham Horror LCG announced

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Lucky is one of the other cards that I'm torn about. It sounds great on paper, but so far my experience is that either I crush the test or that I fail miserably...
Nice problem to have, I guess?

It seems like there's been a slow trend towards swingier modifiers in the chaos bag, leading to that fail by a lot or succeed by a lot experience.

Crumbs

Validated User
I can see that. It's just weird in this case because part of the way the whole thing is SOLD is as a storage solution.

It is really more of a shutup item. People were wanting an “offical” storage solution and they just cranked this out.

The game turned out to be insanely popular with people who do not typically play card games and so are not up on the idea of using CCG boxes.

Just look at all the people doing custom cases with laser/wood burning. Heck I have seen multiple people set the game up with terrain.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Just look at all the people doing custom cases with laser/wood burning. Heck I have seen multiple people set the game up with terrain.
And forests of tiny easels...

The love for a game people can express through the add-ons they create is pretty amazing.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
My playgroup just had a campaign loss on Black Stars Rise, the penultimate scenario in the Carcosa campaign. We were doing well at first, but a couple of bad encounter draws and chaos bag pulls wrecked us. Felt bad. We’re gonna take a break for a bit, maybe do Forgotten Age first before tackling Carcosa again.

JasonKW

Validated User
Cool. From reading, Carcossa is up my alley. Next: I can only use investigators in their campaign, but any player cards are cool wherever, right?

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Cool. From reading, Carcossa is up my alley. Next: I can only use investigators in their campaign, but any player cards are cool wherever, right?
You can use any investigator in any campaign, and any player card wherever you like, excluding campaign or scenario-specific assets.

thewhippinggirl

Still being assembled.
Validated User
Still fairly new to this game. We have one more session of Night of the Zealot then will start one of the campaigns. Possibly Circle Undone as I picked up the core and half of the Mythos packs for it. I have Dunwich Legacy on backorder still.

Top Bottom