• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Arkham Horror LCG announced

thewhippinggirl

Still being assembled.
Validated User
I was thinking of getting one of the GenCon scenarios for multiple people and running it at my local con. Have people bring their own decks and tokens. Should be pretty feasible from what I have been reading

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
I was thinking of getting one of the GenCon scenarios for multiple people and running it at my local con. Have people bring their own decks and tokens. Should be pretty feasible from what I have been reading
I did that last year at the local convention. Aside from the advance legwork of making sure there would be enough decks available, because I wanted to maximize the potential player pool, it went pretty well. We didn't finish the whole thing in a four hour slot, so probably it needed at least another hour. Maybe winnowing down to people who owned their own cards would have made the time required more reasonable.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
After a month-long hiatus, my group re-convened to do the Forgotten Age campaign with Ursula Downs, Leo Anderson and Agnes Baker (we have 1 player who loves Agnes and only plays Agnes - she's even cosplayed as Agnes at several parties).

Spoiler: Show
I had the foresight to take a Map as part of the supplies, so we were doing fairly well at exploring, but we got screwed by constantly drawing the Ancient Evils (place doom on the current agenda) treachery - after shuffling it back into the deck we drew them again! - so we simply couldn't finish before time ran out. We got as far as meeting Itchtaca - my Ursula tried talking to her at first but after failing (Ursula had been poisoned and I kept drawing the damned auto-fail if you're poisoned token) Leo decided his guns would do the talking. We were about to explore the ruins when Ancient Evils ended the game for us. Ah well. We were making fun of Agnes' player for picking a blanket as a supply, until it came up during the interlude and it was her turn to laugh at us.

Looking forward to continue failing forwards through the campaign!

thewhippinggirl

Still being assembled.
Validated User
Dunwich Horror was great. I am enjoying the Zoey deck though I fell behind at the end of the first adventure but that was more due to bad pulls.

Also funniest RP mental image was Zoey running screaming down the halls after a monster with a machete while our Seeker (Mingh) held up an anatomy chart to show me where to hit it better.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Minh's amazing. I did a Carcosa campaign where the running joke was Minh was constantly issuing memos about monsters' weaknesses and how to beat the scenario that no one bothered to read. There was one scenario where she spent most of it with her hand slots occupied, and it didn't slow her down one bit.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
My group's finally tackling Return to Night of the Zealot this week. I can't decide between Carolyn with a heavy lean on mystic, or going full mystic with maybe Agnes or Father Mateo—and annoying everyone by sealing all the good tokens.

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
Agnes is a pretty solid choice of mystic, especially if you play off her ability.
I haven't played her since our first run through Night of the Zealot. It would be interesting to see what the expanded card pool offers in terms of leveraging her sanity ping—which I have to keep reminding myself is only once per phase.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
My group just played The Doom of Etzli, the second scenario in the Forgotten Age campaign.

Spoiler: Show
We started off fairly well with my Ursula exploring and investigating while Agnes and Leo took care of pest-control. Things suddenly looked dicey when the Harbinger showed up, and bad luck lead to Ursula poisoned, trapped in a pit and swarmed by snakes. Meanwhile Agnes had stumbled on a chamber that was going to end the game with doom unless she investigated it quickly. Leo managed to get rid of the Harbinger, Ursula escaped the pit, evaded the snakes and made a run for it. Meanwhile Agnes resolved the chamber of doom with a timely rite of seeking. Ursula headed deeper into the temple and found the Secret Passage that we suspected would lead to the Chamber of Time we were looking for. Agnes joined Ursula in the exploration while Leo dealt with all the snakes Ursula had been evading. Ursula and Agnes found the Chamber, rearranging the temple architecture such that Leo ended up near the Entryway. The game ended with Leo escaping the temple while Agnes and Ursula were caught inside.

It was a fun, tense game, especially that round when everything that could go wrong did. We’d needed just one more round for everyone to escape but ah well thats how Arkham Horror goes. In the interlude we decided to blow up the temple and hand over the relic to the museum. I mean, that just seemed to be how things should go....

DrFaust

Roll away the dew.
Validated User
It was a fun, tense game, especially that round when everything that could go wrong did. We’d needed just one more round for everyone to escape but ah well thats how Arkham Horror goes. In the interlude we decided to blow up the temple and hand over the relic to the museum. I mean, that just seemed to be how things should go....
There is no way that could go poorly!

Top Bottom