• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

Art of 'unattractive' and kickass women!

Arachne

Robot Spider Queen
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, we've had plenty of threads showing off all the nubile, sexy, reclining armcandy in RPG art. Now, maybe it's time to gather up all the pictures of women with potbellies and disfiguring scars, old ladies and pre-pubescent little girls - all the female characters who do not look sexy in the most culturally accepted meaning of the word. And add to this the pictures of women who are truly kickass - not 'I kick ass while showing off my own', either, though! Genuinely tough-looking women who are not in any way sexualized.

I'll start:

Spoiler: Show
She has confidence, she has agency, and she doesn't show off her cleavage. Win!

This is my favorite picture of a woman in armor ever, hands down. (Source: elfwood.com)

It's a Nosferatu, it's a woman, and she's not showing off her underwear! This is a win-win. (Source: geoffreylatham.com)

I'm sure others have their own to add, though :) . I'd particularly appreciate pictures of female Nosferatu from official V:tM artwork.

EDIT:

This thread is for pictures of women who are kickass, and for pictures of women who do not fit the traditional modern ideals of beauty. I felt I should emphasize this, since it was apparently unclear from my original post.

Last edited:

Zeea

Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They work for me too. You have to click the button to show them.

AlphaWhelp

Shark Aficionado
Validated User
they work for me as well. While I don't have a picture of it to post on RPG net, the woman that comes to mind is the ogress from the changeling core book.

Kargush

Free range Norwegian snow monkey
Banned
Validated User
She has confidence, she has agency, and she doesn't show off her cleavage. Win!
One of my absolute favourite pieces of artwork for any game, ever. She looks like she'd kick a dragon's head in for breakfast and then ask for a Terrasque so she could get a challenge.

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I quite like the art from Trollbabe - a game which conscientiously deals with the images of women in fantasy art - especially in the Frazetta mode. Let me look around to see if there are any pics from this I can link to.

-B

Arachne

Robot Spider Queen
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I quite like the art from Trollbabe - a game which conscientiously deals with the images of women in fantasy art - especially in the Frazetta mode. Let me look around to see if there are any pics from this I can link to.
Great :D ! Thanks.

One of my absolute favourite pieces of artwork for any game, ever. She looks like she'd kick a dragon's head in for breakfast and then ask for a Terrasque so she could get a challenge.
And she actually looks like a D&D character. Full plate (including helm), fancy sword, shield, bow, arrows, back up weapon(s), the whole nine yards.

-------------
Epsilon

harpy

Retired User
Seelah is close, but I can confidently say as a man that her chest still delivers a sexualized tone. If her platemail looked like any other platemail, not perfectly sculpted to rest her breasts into, then she'd be a perfect example of what you're getting at.

I've seen RPG art over the years that has women dressed in normal looking medieval armor. It might have been for HARN... but basically just put any realistic suit of armor on a woman and you'll get a desexualized image. Real armor is thick and dumpy looking, destroying any of the hourglass shape that triggers the whole titillating effect.

Top Bottom