Assassins Creed Odyssey: Go Tell the Spartans (Release and Playthru Thread)

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Didn't see a dedicated thread yet, so here we are.
Official launch on Oct 5th. I've preordered the deluxe edition with two armor sets, bonus mission, and boat upgrade.
There is a ton of preview material and videos out there, so lets not have spoilers until game launch please.
I am planning on doing a Kassandra playthru because I really like strong female action characters and her design is smoking hot. (Hey, I'm a straight guy, don't judge. :) )

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
I have it preordered with the Season Pass. No deluxe edition for me. If Origins was an indication the preorder stuff gets used for like a couple hours tops until something better comes along. But I'm super excited for not just the main game but all the DLC stuff. There is going to be a DLC about the first wielder of the hidden blade - Darius, the Persian assassin, I guess. And also an Atlantis DLC, so lots of First Civ stuff.

What's really got me excited is that the Season Pass also includes the Assassin's Creed III remaster, and I *love* AC3. Although of course, I probably won't touch that until I've beaten Odyssey at least once.

I'm also planning on starting with Kassandra. I usually do at least two playthroughs of AC games, and since this game apparently lets you pick sides between the Athenians and Spartans over the course of the Peloponnesian War, I'll probably do Kassandra on one side (whichever side I organically decide on first), and then on my second game, I'll swap to Alexios and do the other side. If the amount of choice and the consequences are really as varied as they're touting I may even play it 3+ times. I think the only AC game I've played 3+ times were AC2 and AC3.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There is going to be a DLC about the first wielder of the hidden blade - Darius, the Persian assassin, I guess. And also an Atlantis DLC, so lots of First Civ stuff.
Just to make sure it's a random dude name Darius,a nd not king Darius right?
I mean with AC relationship to real hostory you never know.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Just to make sure it's a random dude name Darius,a nd not king Darius right?
I mean with AC relationship to real hostory you never know.
Yeah, just to be confusing, the Assassin Darius has no relation King Darius. His original name according to the wiki was Artabanus and he adopted the name of Darius... because he hated King Darius I and his son King Xerxes I? And he assassinated Xerxes I with the first hidden blade. It's uh, misdirection? I guess?

Castille

MetaTemporal Adventurer
Validated User
I am very much looking forwards to playing this. My wife has apparently pre-ordered it for my birthday, including DLCs so that will be a gift that keeps on giving :D
Alas, I've spoiled some of it for myself by watching a few Youtube 'Lets Play' videos, but it is just whetting my appetite more!

Edit to include a conversation I had just a few seconds ago:
Me: "Oooh, there is a novel coming out too! For Odyssey."
Wife (ancient history & mythology major): "That's... been out for quite a while now."
Me: "Assassin's Creed Odyssey, not THE Odyssey."

Last edited:

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Dev states around 100 hours of total gameplay with all side quests and material.
That's not including season pass and DLC.
This is going to be my new Skyrim. I want all the outfits. All the weapons. I going to spend so much time just going places and seeing magnificent vistas.
I really want Greek Merc Sword Princess Hero Dress up goes on Holiday, with occasional bouts of murder.

Last edited:

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
Well, I've got the preorder paid off, switched my laptop background to a Spartan Kick screenshot, and am ready for it to hit.
In typical fashion, it will probably be a Stealth Until Discovered then Kill all the Bad Guys kinda playthru. I haven't been this jazzed for a game since ME:A.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
I'm going to be grabbing the guide book so I can help/spoil at will for anyone here.

Also, judging from the vids, the Greek Hero and Demi-God legendary armors are going to be my high-end goto gets in late game.

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Got my game pre-loaded and took the day off on Wednesday so I can play alllll day. Not normally one to take days off for a new game release, but I had extra vacation days I needed to use before the end of the year, so I figured why not.

Top Bottom