Assassins Creed Odyssey: Go Tell the Spartans (Release and Playthru Thread)

Li of Orchid

you will explode.
Validated User
Picked this up because it was on sale and I loved it. Went with Kassandra because of course, right? And riding around the Aegean stabbing fools has never been so much fun. For the record,

Gearwise I'm waiting until I hit maximum level and then am going to pick the set bonus I like and upgrade all the stuff up to there. Appearance-wise... I really like the clean lines of the Spartan armor with the black iron material. Everyone else running around in red and gold or blue and white and I'm stalking through the battlefield in my black iron horned helmet, like the specter of Hades himself come to walk the world.

My biggest complaint (aside from all the controls being tied to the shoulder buttons -- they had such a good scheme with Black Flag! Why change it all around?) was that a lot of the higher-level mercs and whatnot are simply health sponges. They take soooooo much damage than even with a Legendary weapon I feel like I'm whittling away at a rock face.
Max level is 99 now, and you can't realistically hit that level without doing a New Game Plus. If you have a piece of equipment you really love, just upgrade it every 5 levels or so. It'll still get expensive.

And there is an alternate control scheme that makes it work more like old school AC. I am using that myself.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I tried to like Alexios. I really did. And I think, if I had never played the game through as Kassandra first, I probably would have. It's not like his voice actor is actively bad. But after about 10 hours of a New Game Plus with Alexios, I think I am giving it up and starting a different New Game Plus with Kassandra.
I regret not starting the game with Kassandra.

Castille

MetaTemporal Adventurer
Validated User
I have finished exploring the mainland! Woo! And even got a trophy for it. Now I just have 3 islands to go: Thasos, Lesbos & half of Chios. Of course I haven't actually completed all locations, but I have found them. Oh wait, I have some Athens to complete because Eternal Bounty makes it hard to get stuff done there. Thanks Kleon! NOT.
My kid is still loving the game and insists on free roam with one of three pets: Sir Bearington, Princess Wolvington or Lady Lynx. Yep, those were the names she came up with. On a related note, the loading screen tips say you can "show your pet how much you love them" but I've not seen any interaction with tamed animals when you're just standing around.

Tango Samurai

Dance Warrior
Validated User
I have finished exploring the mainland! Woo! And even got a trophy for it. Now I just have 3 islands to go: Thasos, Lesbos & half of Chios. Of course I haven't actually completed all locations, but I have found them. Oh wait, I have some Athens to complete because Eternal Bounty makes it hard to get stuff done there. Thanks Kleon! NOT.
My kid is still loving the game and insists on free roam with one of three pets: Sir Bearington, Princess Wolvington or Lady Lynx. Yep, those were the names she came up with. On a related note, the loading screen tips say you can "show your pet how much you love them" but I've not seen any interaction with tamed animals when you're just standing around.
stand right next to the animal and wait a couple of seconds. Then push the "Y" button on the Xbox controller. You pet your animal. I don't know what the action is for PS4 or PC.
If you don't have a tamed pet, you can stand somewhere for a couple of seconds and your eagle will perch on your arm. Then you can use the same command to feed him or pet him too.

Argent

Anywhere... just not here
Validated User
Right up until Ubisoft decided to dictate her life in the DLC. But in the orginal game, I've not enjoyed a character more.
Indeed. I´ve played the patched version of the DLC, and it is still pretty damn infuriating.

Boris

I am invincible?
Validated User
Yeah, I'm glad I felt played out when I finished the game and didn't buy the DLC.

Top Bottom