• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Autochtonian Dragonblooded

Pilgrim

Strength Protocol
Validated User
Forgeblooded (formerly Autochtonian Dragonblooded)

From the [Exalted] Just How Broken Is "The Spawning Of Monsters"?

I got this email someone I used to play Exalted with over IRC, detailing how he was planning to use "Spawning of Monsters" to create the Autochthonian equivalent of Terrestrial Exalted (Lightning, Metal, Oil, Smoke, Crystal).
So... what would the abilities of the Machine Blooded be in this case? Mainly because the idea is too cool to leave alone.

Last edited:

Glamourweaver

Validated User
Why do people keep leaving Steam off these lists... if your going to leave off an element, I'd either go with Crystal (as its "above" the other elements, the unification of them) or Smoke (as its unnatural, a symptom of Autochthon's unhealth rather than an innate part of him)

Anyway...

Crystal - Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Martial Arts, Occult, Resistance

Lightning - Archery, Athletics, Awareness, Investigation, Presence

Metal - Crafts, Endurance, Melee, Ride, Survival

Oil - Brawl, Dodge, Larceny, Performance, Sail

Steam - Lore, Medicine, Socialize, Stealth, Thrown

The Smoke Aspect is a rare abomination - Martial Arts, Athletics, Survival, Larceny, Medicine (used for infecting rather than curing)

I'll think about Anima Powers in a bit...

I'd make these... I'm not sure what to call them yet... found in the Reaches. They're found in Tunnel-Dweller & Exile communities; the champions not of Autochthon, or Autochthonian Society (thats the Alchemicals), but of those forgotten & stepped upon by the devotees of the Great Maker. They are embodiment's of humanity's will to adapt & survive in these Elements.

Bradford C. Walker

Banned
I agree, and I think that--as a sort of Alpha build for purposes of playtesting--going with a direct correspondance of elements (Creation->Autocthonia) would be best due to making it easy to establish a Charm set. I don't expect such a thing to be a good fit; rather, I expect it to break in such a way as to make it easy to make iterative changes from the Creation DB set into what the Autobot DBs ought to be- in other words, to make it easy to make babysteps from inspiration to final version.

Glamourweaver

Validated User
Anyone have any comments on my ability distribution?

How about the role in Autochthon (& thematically as embodiments of adaptation to hostile elements in the Reaches) I assigned them?

If they've been in Autochthon since the departure, they won't have access to Sorcery. Instead I'd give them a system of rituals (requiring an Occult Charm to work, which is appropriately assigned to Crystal in my spread) that allow them to placate the Pattern Spiders in the Core to call upon the effects Man-Machine Protocols. I'm imagining techno-shamanistic dancing & blood sacrifice over over circutry.

Pilgrim

Strength Protocol
Validated User
OK, Glamourweaver I like the concepts you've pitched and how you've inverted the role (rulers of creation to adaptations to survive in the far reaches of the God Machine).

Also haveing Smoke as an elusive and rare version sems good, but I'm not sure I'd have them as a perversion. Just thinking out loud.

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
Since this is going to go past my knowledge of exalted really quickly, I just want to chime in to draw my attention to myself as the fist guy on that thread to point out how effing cool this idea is.

DarkDragonlord

Evil Unchained
let me be the second to say how effing cool this thread is.

now on to my 2 cents.

so basically we now have robo-dragonblooded.
where would you start them?
how would the realm look at them?
what reaction would the sids have to them?
how would the interact with the other exalted(solars, abyssals, lunars)?

Glamourweaver

Validated User
DarkDragonlord said:
let me be the second to say how effing cool this thread is.

now on to my 2 cents.

so basically we now have robo-dragonblooded.
where would you start them?
how would the realm look at them?
what reaction would the sids have to them?
how would the interact with the other exalted(solars, abyssals, lunars)?
Well they aren't really robo-dragonblooded. They don't use mechanical Charms like the Alchemicals. The only "robo" aspect to them would be those who've been reformated by Machine Spirits (see info on Tunnel-Dwellers in E:tAuto), which I'd develop a background for.

As for stating them thats what I'm working on now. They should be on a powerlevel equal to the Lost-Egg Dragonblooded of Creation.

Well the Realm, Sidereals, & other Exalted of Creation don't really know they exist since they're in another world at the moment & if you use my social role for them, not part of the Locust Crusade. They would probably not even recognize them as being Dragonblooded, which means the Realm would just see them as any other Anathema. Other Exalted who met them might try to ally with them to bring down Yugash & the Locust Crusade.

Top Bottom