• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Autochtonian Dragonblooded

Glamourweaver

Validated User
Kaiu Keiichi said:
But, come on. man.

GIGANTIC MACHINE DRAGONS.

CB

As I said before, HE HAS THOSE! Just not 6 top ones who form the foundation of existence as in Creation (though obviously its 5 there).

Glamourweaver

Validated User
I don't think anyone's talked about the Ability spread since I posted my ideas... so to repeat:

Crystal: Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Martial Arts, Occult, Resistance

Lightning: Archery, Athletics, Awareness, Investigation, Presence

Metal: Craft, Endurance, Melee, Ride, Survival

Oil: Brawl, Dodge, Larceny, Performance, Sail

Steam: Lore, Medicine, Socialize, Stealth, Thrown

Smoke is kind of up in the air (hehehe). Ideas include giving them one Ability from each set (my suggestion would be Martial Arts, Athletics, Survival, Larceny, & Medicine); or making the Smoke Aspect be the equivalent of Gremline Syndrome which the Forge-Blooded become Infected with. If this is the case they'd still use their old Aspect Abilities, just with corrupted, entropic versions of the Charms.

Thoughts?

Glyptodont

此时此地
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pilgrim said:
Whatever the case, we need a better name than Autocthonian Dragon Blooded though.
Draconis ex Machina?

(pardon my non-existant Graeco-Latin)

Glamourweaver

Validated User
Ed Fortune said:
Having them 'evolve naturally' goes against the artificial nature of the setting. Everything is manufactured. Even the renegade elements (that's Noi's job. The fringers are a 'larder')
The way I see it is thats exactly why the Alchemicals find the ADBs to be abominations, because they are living defiance of the natural order of Autochthonia. They adapted and survived where they were not ment to with no vats, no divine recrafting, just the pesky human will to survive & change all on their own. They have their own themes seperate from that of the Alchemicals. Instead of embodieing the themes of Artifice & Designe, they DEFY it. The channel the very Essence of the Great Maker's Body as they were never intended to. They are either the greatest triumph of the human spirit, or leeches & abominations before the Maker who must be annihilated at all costs.

Pilgrim

Strength Protocol
Validated User
Glamourweaver said:
Crystal: Bureaucracy, Linguistics, Martial Arts, Occult, Resistance

Lightning: Archery, Athletics, Awareness, Investigation, Presence

Metal: Craft, Endurance, Melee, Ride, Survival

Oil: Brawl, Dodge, Larceny, Performance, Sail

Steam: Lore, Medicine, Socialize, Stealth, Thrown

Smoke (tent.): Martial Arts, Athletics, Survival, Larceny, & Medicine
OK, I like. I still prefer that the smoke forge born be a rare thing, ambiguous on a good day, but still capable of good - similar to one of the autocthonian elementals in the book.

And I can say that I'd probably want to play either a Lightning or Smoke forge blooded looking at these spreads.

Ed Fortune

Retired User
Keep in mind that second edition will rework Brawl and Endurance. It still fits though. So broadly:

Crystal: Clever, mages, cunning, the solid foundation yet also the shining light that cuts through bullshit, preening, sneaking and sly

Lightning: Fast, ninja, accurate, deadly, loud, arrogant, ego.

Metal: Strong, warriors, powerful, irrestible, swift in an avalance sort of way

Oil: Mecurial, thief like, stealthy, hard to get rid off

Steam: Wise, Sages, All knowing, almost everywhere, oppressive,

Smoke: corrosive, secretive, evil...

Before we get to work on the Charms, how similar to DB charms are they going to be? Shall we go for a simple framework?

I would say that common themes including spontaneous creation of resources, highly destrcutive (but not terribly defensive) effects and powers that take some time to get going. I'd argue that making them about as weak, if not slightly weaker than Dragon Bloods would work, and replace the 'work well in a team' schtick with a 'works better on it's home turf' schtick.

Might I suggest using this Wiki: http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/wiki.pl?Alchemicals/Terrestial Feel free to pillage/burn/mangle.

Top Bottom