• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Avengers 4 rumors and spoilers - all Avengers 3 spoilers allowed in this thread.

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
There's some great insights here into the Russo brothers' thinking and regarding Avengers 4. Some excerpts:

"...when you’re dealing with a macguffin that can change reality and manipulate time...yes, this is a fantasy world, and yes, remarkable things can happen...but…they come at an incredibly high cost."

“We do our best work when we follow our instincts and tell the story we want to tell...When you try to predict what an audience wants, you’re going to make mush. When you commit to the story you want to tell, it tends to have a much more resonant impact on the audience … The audience can tell you they love chocolate ice cream, but if you give it to them every day, they’re going to get sick of it real fast. You’ve got to stay ahead of them.”

Daz Florp Lebam

Validated User
We've seen Paul Rudd in costume in set photos for Avengers 4, so I'm pretty certain that he survives the snap. Not sure about Evangeline Lilly - while both she and Anthony Mackie have tweeted images from behind-the-scenes while on-set of Avengers 4... but Sam Wilson was dusted, and Evangeline Lilly's picture showed her with her older short hairdo from Ant-Man (rather than the longer hair she has in pics and trailers for Ant-Man and the Wasp)... suggesting that they might be appearing in flashbacks, in the past, in an alternate reality, or something similar.
With possible/likely time shenanigans and (some) Infinity-dusted characters being restored, Rudd's appearance in A4 could be after things have been fixed - and who knows when in the film that happens. It could happen multiple times...

I sure hope not... I'm still not fully convinced it's the Avengers without Wasp.
I don't find Lilly particularly engaging (but hope to be proven wrong), but I agree.

Gogmagog

Validated User
If they do make another Dr.Strange movie, perhaps they can bring in Clea, since she is connected to Dormoomoo

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
So the official reason Ant-Man and Wasp are not in A3 is a good example of how great everyone is at their jobs.

It’s this:

They knew how dark A3 would be. Ant-Man and Wasp is a light hearted film, and might scew a bit younger on top. They feel ok having them show in A4 but did not feel putting them through the wringer in A3 and then handing off to a light heart screwball comedy adventure felt right. It would undermine the choices made by the actual Ant/Wasp team.

Last edited:

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Do we have an offical reason why Clint sin;t in the movie?
I suspect it really is plot based there, they said his story became clear in relation to his love of his familly.

It’s clear he is coming back to complete the OG team after....the bad shit that likely just happened at home.

Derek

Validated User
It just occurred to me that if I remember correctly, and provided neither Scott or Hope get dusted, we'll have both the original movie Avengers and the original comic Avengers in the next movie. Not Hank or Janet, mind you, but an Ant-man and a Wasp nonetheless.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It just occurred to me that if I remember correctly, and provided neither Scott or Hope get dusted, we'll have both the original movie Avengers and the original comic Avengers in the next movie. Not Hank or Janet, mind you, but an Ant-man and a Wasp nonetheless.
[Comicbook joke]THey haven;t introduced Voyager yet[/comicbook joke]

Dulahan

Validated User
Honestly, the reason I think Tony is doomed is because of the way that scene with Pepper played out at the start of the film. That scene was hoisting the death flags high indeed.

Top Bottom