• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

đź’˘ Attention Avengers Endgame Spoiler Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Since there may be some spoiler starting to circulate for Endgame let’s make this official:

The following is the AVENGERS: Endgame spoiler policy.

An official spoiler thread will be posted after the first moderator sees the film on the 25th; if you manage to see it earlier do not post one yourself, and be patient.
Do not post spoilers outside the spoiler thread; sanctions may follow. It will have a clear title.

So to be clear - Do not start a spoiler thread, the staff will do that.

Do not post spoilers in the existing MCU threads.

Keep in mind many mods will not have seen it and don't include spoilers in reports (I.e. if reporting a spoiler, report it as 'this is an Endgame Spoiler' or the like, not 'The poster said X did Y in the movie,').

Spoiling the mods will makes us angry, and well, we are always angry, but still.

This policy will be in place at least for the first month.

Capellan

RPGnet Member
Validated User
An alert for those avoiding spoilers (as I will be): Endgame opens in Australia and New Zealand on April 24th, with screenings starting as early as 8am, which - since we are up to 19 hours ahead of the US - means that spoilers are likely to start popping up on other websites from as early as 4pm on the 23rd, western hemisphere time.

Loew

Validated User
An alert for those avoiding spoilers (as I will be): Endgame opens in Australia and New Zealand on April 24th, with screenings starting as early as 8am, which - since we are up to 19 hours ahead of the US - means that spoilers are likely to start popping up on other websites from as early as 4pm on the 23rd, western hemisphere time.
Same day for Germany, which is really strange. I can't remember any mainstream movie in the last years that did not start on a Thursday in our cinemas. There will be midnight showings in the night April 23th to 24th.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I deeply appreciate this and similar policies. Just as a heads up apparently there was a big leak of key elements today. It's splashing around various news aggregators I follow. I don't know if it's true or not but it's apparently out there. So far I haven't seen details, mostly just warnings to be careful.

EDIT: Although maybe it's fake because my fiancee who wants to be spoiled (opposites attract) is having a hell of a time tracking down details.

Last edited:

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
What about fake spoilers?
Fake spoilers presented as real spoilers will be moded as such, as well as plausible ones that someone says is a fake. Saying that something plausible doesn't happen is a spoiler too, so they can easily be a way to spoil someone even if that is not the intent.

Ridiculous spoilers are less of a problem, but I'd still discourage them, especially as not everyone has a keen grasp of what is and isn't ridiculous.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Ridiculous spoilers are less of a problem, but I'd still discourage them, especially as not everyone has a keen grasp of what is and isn't ridiculous.
Waht threads devoted exclusively to ridiculous spoilers (and advertised as such in title)?
I belive we had those on past.

Miss Atomic Bomb

Welcome to your life. There's no turning back.
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Moderator Text:

No spoilers. No fake spoilers. If you are thinking the word "spoiler" anywhere near what you're considering posting, it is out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom