Avengers: Endgame Trailer # 2

Brian888

Validated User
Random thoughts.

So, I’m thinking that whatever the heroes do to undo Thanos’ snap will be what causes the emergence of mutants in the MCU, especially if it involves the Infinity Stones (which demonstrably can grant superpowers). I doubt the film will directly reference that given when shooting wrapped and the Fox deal closed, but still....

My family went to Annapolis this past weekend and stopped by the local comic book store there. I stayed outside with the 18-month-old, who was utterly enchanted by the new FF poster, esp. the Thing and the Human Torch. I think the FF could do some really serious business in the MCU context, let alone dealing with Doom.

Dave999

Validated User
I assume they'll do mutants as a hidden thing ala Wakanda.

Xavier and Magneto have been covering up the existence of mutants for years and only now is it becoming obvious they exist.

Mind you, I'm not sure how they'll reconcile the existence of Inhumans but the show is treated as semi-canon at the best of times.

JdRavnos

Geek Visionary.
Validated User
I think it's extremely unlikely we'll get any Fantastic Four or X-Men references in End Game. The Fox merger technically still hasn't happened yet (even if it's been approved and pretty much inevitable.) Maybe they'll try to use the events of End Game to retroactively explain mutants in future movies, but it probably won't be blatant in this film.

Plus, I think there's a certain level of, let's say, tackiness to Marvel establishing their own mutants when Dark Phoenix is yet to come out. I mean, I fully suspect Dark Phoenix will likely be not great and the last film in the current X-Men continuity (aside maybe Deadpool, but Wade's relationship with continuity is iffy at best), but it still would seem like a dick move to the cast and crew who worked on it. I think we'll get Dark Phoenix to open, do whatever business it's going to get, quietly release New Mutants to streaming services and/or DVD and after a year or so of no new films, then Marvel will start laying the groundwork for some MCU X-Men projects.

austenandrews

RPGnet Member
Validated User
The trailer makes me think Scott may be our viewpoint character for the time jump. He gets out of the Quantum Realm and we discover the post apocalypse through his eyes.

So how badass do you think War Machine will be after Rocket gets to play with the armor?

SunlessNick

Mildly Darkened One
Validated User
Mind you, I'm not sure how they'll reconcile the existence of Inhumans but the show is treated as semi-canon at the best of times.
Make them the same thing. The Inhuman population is spiking, some of them will organise, and not all of them will that term.

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Make them the same thing. The Inhuman population is spiking, some of them will organise, and not all of them will that term.
Yeah. Whether you’re a Mutant or an Inhuman is a political statement, about whether you’re tied to the existing community and the Kree legacy or moving on.

Daz Florp Lebam

Grand Poobah
Validated User
Do you mean if the Avengers do go to the Quantum Realm and visit the city there perhaps they can find the FF amongst it's citizens?
Well, throw in the time travel Endgame will include and we'd have a perfect excuse for the "FF are from the '60s, plopped into today" idea that's many people seem to like.

i was thinking more broad concept - you don't have a Fantastic Four movie, but rather a FF movie focused around a scientific thinktank dealing with all this strange, fantastic technology (working closely with a couple of Asgardians and some Wakandans, naturally), bridging the gap between the possible and impossible!
A Future Foundation created by Stark (and whoever else) that recruits the best and the brightest FOR SCIENCE!!! is bound to attract a young Reed Richards, right? :)

Kevin Mowery

WAUGH!
Validated User
The trailer makes me think Scott may be our viewpoint character for the time jump. He gets out of the Quantum Realm and we discover the post apocalypse through his eyes.
I was thinking the same thing. Like, he might not get out of the Quantum Realm until just before the events of the movie, so we'll get bits of what happened in flashback from different characters (I'm already bracing myself for Clint's daughter/student to turn into dust at the end of that scene), but we'll follow him as he discovers the post-apocalypse world. But only for a bit, because the I think the movie is only going to give us a sense of how awful the world is before it gets the team together and fixes it. It's not going to be like the first two acts are watching everyone work through their PTSD.

Bailywolf

bwakbwak
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
"I haven't seen anything this bad since
I assume they'll do mutants as a hidden thing ala Wakanda.

Xavier and Magneto have been covering up the existence of mutants for years and only now is it becoming obvious they exist.

I think I'd be happy with them starting the X-Men and FF totally from scratch.

Up till now in the MCU, superpowers have been something a person comes into - they get powers from some origin event. Enhanced people emerge from experiments, or genuise billionaires build supertech, people have science accidents, or learn magical secrets etc.

What we've not seen are people essentially born with superpowers.

That represents a phase-change for the MCU, which is a world which thusfar has been one with a farly limited (yet fraut) exposure to the superhuman.

What happens when kids just start doing the impossible?

There's a decade of in-universe good reasons to be scared shitless of super-people. Look at what happens when you only have a few superhumans? I know they say the Avengers saved the world, but I heard they're the ones who caused the invasion themselves. They're just fixing shit they caused!

It's set up right now for the quintessential X-Men storyline - heroic weirdos defending the world that hates and fears them.

They just need to abandon all the historical stuff, and have mutants being a brand new right now thing.

A terrifying proliferation of superhumans that will shake the whole world.

Coyote's Own

RPG.net's friendly neighborhood Nuwisha.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Spoilers Capt. Marvel
Spoiler: Show

So what are teh odds we'll see grown up Monica in this movie.

If some one say's 50/50, I gonna snap them

Top Bottom