• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [B/X D&D] The Shock of This Notable Storm

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Erp

"I have a not insignificant amount of treasure that I would like to share with you, my new comrades. I have little use for it, and hope that were you to be better accoutered you will stay alive longer than my old companions, and thus will be able to protect me better."

sulldawga

Validated User
Pruitt

"Thank you, Ia. I will endeavor to repay your faith in me."

To the smith, he says, "What do you have in the way of mail shirts?"

Julius Sleazer

Validated User
Ceretic the Smith

"Nothing. We are sorely lacking in mail shirts in these parts. Many of the king's fighters do not even have mail shirts."

"I myself do not have the art of making them, nor do most smiths in Britain in these days, from what I have heard. Many must make do with shirts passed down from their sires and grand-sires, or hope to loot one from a dead Saxon."

Ceretic stops to spit at the mention of the Sea Wolves.

"Now, if you have any mail shirts you are interested in selling, I'll make it worth your while. Eighty gold in exchange for one, or the equivalent value in trade goods, jewelry, and so forth."

sulldawga

Validated User
Pruitt

"Good to know. We have none for sale but will keep your offer in mind."

After they leave the Smith's workshop, Pruitt asks Erp if any of their former comrades were wearing metal armor.

"I mean no disrespect to the dead, but it sounds like they could be valuable."

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Erp

Erp shows the smith the boar's tusk. "I slew a boar but two days ago, and took this tusk as a trophy. I would like a setting made for it, and it placed on a fine silver chain, or, failing that, a sturdy leather thong, so that I may wear it and all will know of my deeds!"

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Pruitt

"Good to know. We have none for sale but will keep your offer in mind."

After they leave the Smith's workshop, Pruitt asks Erp if any of their former comrades were wearing metal armor.

"I mean no disrespect to the dead, but it sounds like they could be valuable."
Erp

"Er . . . yes! One of them, Liberius the Lucky, wore a shirt of metal rings! We buried him in it."

sulldawga

Validated User
Pruitt

"Well, if it's buried, it's likely safe for the time being. Perhaps when we're less time constrained, we could retrieve it and see if the smith can return it to a usable form."

Julius Sleazer

Validated User
Erp

Erp shows the smith the boar's tusk. "I slew a boar but two days ago, and took this tusk as a trophy. I would like a setting made for it, and it placed on a fine silver chain, or, failing that, a sturdy leather thong, so that I may wear it and all will know of my deeds!"
Ceretic the Smith

"I could place it on a fine silver chain for seventy-five pieces of gold. I could make a setting and hang it from a leather thong for a mere twenty-five. Coin is scarce in this land. I would gladly accept trade goods of equivalent value, such as signet rings, torcs, silver holy symbols..."

Last edited:

Koren n'Rhys

Got your mirrorshades?
Validated User
Senni
As his fellows bargain with Ceretic, Senni loiters outside the smithy, watching people pass on the bustling streets. Uncomfortable in the claustrophobic confines, he eyes the throng with suspicion, wary of pickpockets and vagabonds.

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Burgas the simple

"Not sure I want to disturb the dead just to earn a little coin, though it seems sad to waste good armour now it is so hard to find. The best way would be to get it by slaying the saxons."

Top Bottom