• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [B/X D&D] The Shock of This Notable Storm

Julius Sleazer

Active member
Validated User
Anderida
Hex 183.180
Evening of 5th May 469


The adventurers return to the establishment of Conan the Bald, taking a meal for the evening and then retiring to the hayloft above his mules. A few other persons are sleeping there as well, mostly yokels. The members of the party set watches and take other reasonable precautions; the evening passes without incident.

Anderida
Hex 183.180
6th May 469


The adventurers largely keep to themselves, laying low and doing little besides taking meals at Conan's. A few of the party do go out and about looking for Master Petrus; they find him and collect his missives to the ironworkers. These consist of three scrolls, each sealed with red wax bearing the imprint of a signet ring. Petrus gives directions.

OOC:
Hex 181.177. See forthcoming OOC post about scrolls.


Anderida
Hex 183.180
7th May 469


The adventurers, after another night in Conan's hayloft, make ready to leave in the morning. Leaving Anderida, they head northeast, treading across a peaceful area of chalky grassland, dotted here and there by peasant huts and grazing sheep. A few loons in the distance wave from time to time as they go about their rustic business. Here and there, however, a few unsightly ruined villas provide reminders of the ever-present Saxon menace lurking the background.

About an hour after noon, the party arrives at the appointed spot. The forest has grown quite close by this point; at the eaves of the wood they see a ruined villa with charred-looking walls and no roof whatsoever. Little remains of the structure, it being mostly foundation stones; the remains of the walls vary in height from coming up to a man's knees to coming up to a man's sternum. The adventurers discern no immediate sign of any human presence, but there is a smell in the air as of recently cooked meat, not pork but something gamier. No fires burn nearby and the forest seems like an encroachment upon previously cultivated land rather than being characteristic of the wilder, deeper reaches of the Silva Anderida.

OOC:
Appointed spot = convergence of three hexes (183.180, 183.179, 184.180) as per IC #173.
 
Last edited:

thirdkingdom

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Erp

"I don't like this one bit," he says. "It feels like an ambush. This fellow has never met Ia nor myself. Why don't we hide in the trees just outside the villa and wait."

OOC: Edit: by "we" I mean Ia and Erp.
 

Julius Sleazer

Active member
Validated User
Environs of Ruined Villa
Convergence of Three Hexes (183.180, 183.179, 184.180)
Early Afternoon, 7th May 469


The two little men make their way into the trees to the southeast of the villa. To the best of their knowledge, no one has espied them; they espy no one. Ia and Erp enter an area of pine, oak, and beech, which are not grown terribly close together. They nestle down in some ferns which smell like hay.


OOC:
Various Die Rolls: 1d100 62 1d100 76 1d6 5 1d6 3 1d6 5
 

MonsterMash

Are you mochrieing me?
Validated User
Burgas the simple

Erp

"I don't like this one bit," he says. "It feels like an ambush. This fellow has never met Ia nor myself. Why don't we hide in the trees just outside the villa and wait."

OOC: Edit: by "we" I mean Ia and Erp.
"Surely he meant us no harm after all three stout fighters would be a difficult opponent and why ambush poor men? If you want to hide and oversee what happens then that is fine."
 

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
Pruitt

Pruitt looks for the hearth or any fireplace and examines it for loose bricks or hidden compartments.
 

Koren n'Rhys

Got your mirrorshades?
Validated User
Senni
"While he alone poses no apparent threat, it is wise of us to be careful and suspicious. The fisherman knows nothing of our new friends, so thier hiding is a good idea. Let the three of us approach with caution and see what we are in for."
 

Julius Sleazer

Active member
Validated User
Ruined Villa

Bold Pruitt advances into the ruins of the villa. He finds an old hearth which looks undisturbed and dusty. The fighting-man raps on it here and there and hears no obvious noises indicating hollowness, but out of thoroughness he follows up by attempting to jam his fingers into various cracks between the old stones. He feels a suspiciously loose stone which likely indicates a hidden compartment, but lacks a dagger, crowbar, or other similar instrument to pry up the stone.


OOC:
-: 1d6 1

"Any character has a 1 in 6 chance of finding a secret door..."
 

sulldawga

Registered User
Validated User
Pruitt

Pruitt calls for his friends to come and bring something for leverage so he can pry open this door.
 

Julius Sleazer

Active member
Validated User
Pruitt

Pruitt calls for his friends to come and bring something for leverage so he can pry open this door.
Ruined Villa

Pruitt's companions respond to his call and enter the remains of the villa, keeping their gaze on the land around where the low height of the remnants of the walls permit. Burgas lends one of this spikes and his hammer to Pruitt; the valiant vagabond uses these tools to pry up the loose stone. Within he find a small a hollowed-out area filled with coins and other treasure.

Meanwhile, Senni gazes about. Nearby, there are the remnants of a fire which was built on the mosaic floor. The ashes have defaced an old pattern which appears to represent Neptune and some nymphs in an undersea scene. The fire was apparently put out with water. Nearby, some bones and a few scraps of meat are scattered about. Senni, being a stout country lad, feels confident in identifying the bones as being those of a stag or a doe. He shares his conclusions with his comrades.

OOC:
In the interest of moving things along, I'm going to assume that Senni and Burgas come in to help.

Also apologies for lack of clarity----it isn't a door, but I used the base chance to find a hidden door to roll for finding the hidden compartment.

Treasures:
Spoiler: Show

10 gold pieces.
One flawed ruby (worth 50 gp).
One base topaz (worth 10 gp).
One average emerald (worth 100 gp).
One fine sapphire (worth 500 gp).
One glittering diamond (worth 1000 gp).

All gems above weigh 1 cn each as per Cook/Marsh.

One gold bracelet (worth 200 gp, weight 10 cn)

 
Top Bottom