• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2nd Edition)

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
I've drifted here. I'm going to try to reread and catch the thread again so I can keep going.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Sorry, the confusion is on me for misreading it as an ask for who else Conor might have had an eye on. Edited it to answer.

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
So, there're some things I'd like to discuss, and get some feedback on.

Is there a way I can more effectively get you guys interacting with one another? I've felt for a while that either through my own set-up of scenes or grouping things up that I'm trying to arrange four solo narratives into a whole. Which, for the purposes of Monsterhearts feels like... I'm screwing up somewhere.

BlackSheep

Wise and Insightful
Validated User
Hmm. Monsterhearts is definitely a game where people spend more time on their own or paired up than in a traditional party-based RPG, but you do want those storylines to be tangled together as much as possible. Thus far Kimiko and Sayaka are pretty well tied together, and Yugiri and Conor have some stuff simmering away, so things aren't entirely separate.

One possibility is a common threat, or events that affect everyone. Like, Taki going off on Sage got everyone's attention, and I think several people are interested in digging into Ringo's disappearance and the cult. The rival vampire is another one that could bring people together, or into conflict.

Whereas the post with Conor hitting on girls and getting chewed out in class...it's interesting, but when that's the only thing in a GM post then it doesn't give the rest of us as much to bounce off.

Some stuff will come together naturally as the game goes on, as people develop relationships with each other and with NPCs. When someone's best friend gets their heart broken, or someone's crush gets cursed or attacked by a monster, stuff will kick off.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I don't think solo narratives is screwing up. There are some things, as BlackSheep says, a common thread that everyone can pull on would be good if you want characters to interact more. Thought you might want to put something in OOC letting us know when the thread of there, I have in the past missed the obvious.

The Tim

God-Machinist
Validated User
Yeah, I've found that generally speaking in MH you get separate threads, especially in Pbp, that collide spectacularly when they do. Generally some external thing that requires everyone's response triggers those things. But even just punishment putting people together or what not to create bottle episode type dynamics can work, and are fine in moderation, if just to allow a chance for a few players to complicate things with one another without further MC prodding.

Patkin

ougikawa
Validated User
Okay, I don't believe I'm in any kind of position to maintain a game at this stage, so I'd like to put an end to this campaign, and thank everyone for their time, effort and patience over the past couple months.

Shawn_Hagen

Shawnya the Evil?
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Okay, I don't believe I'm in any kind of position to maintain a game at this stage, so I'd like to put an end to this campaign, and thank everyone for their time, effort and patience over the past couple months.
No problem. I enjoyed what we had, and know the feeling when games are not shaking out the way you hoped. Thanks for running.

Top Bottom