• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Baseball, Ray] Welcome to the 2019 Season!

moondog548

Zip Zap Zoop!
Validated User
I want to you both to know that I blame you personally for the way yesterday's game ended.
fwiw even the mighty Orange Menace was unlikely to win out the rest of the season. :p

Meanwhile, everyone thank the Pirates for being the bonafide slump-busters!

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
We're already at the wind down of the season. By this weekend we'll have the first teams eliminated from the division race.

Liberator

Rollin' Dice
Validated User
Cleveland is ridiculously hot right now. Santana walked off with a grand slam against us on Sunday, then last night walks off with a dinger against the Red Sox.

thirdkingdom

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Can the Nationals catch the Braves? Probably not, but I remember some time ago (2013, I think?) the Braves and Red Sox both held commanding leads late into the season and then proceeded to blow it. Assuming the Nats make it through the Wild Card they'll have to play the Dodgers, which might actually be a close series. I'd almost rather than play the Dodgers instead of the Cubs or Cardinals.

Blizzardborn

Hiding in a snowdrift
Validated User
Probably whatever the Marlins play, given they spanked the Dodgers today.

End of the Twins game was more stressful than expected when I turned it on to find the score was 12-4.

Liberator

Rollin' Dice
Validated User
So we seep the Rangers in Texas. It's an ugly sweep, but it's wins.

Then we promptly come home and lose to the White Sox.

News today that Buxton is out until late August/early September. Having read these announcements from the Twins before about other star players (aka Joe Mauer) I have a feeling he's out for the season. It's like they are slow dripping bad news about his injury. Today they gave the dates and added on that he might need a rehab stint in the minors before he comes back. Well...that sounds like he's not ready to come back to me if he needs cuts in AAA.

A lot is being made of his reckless fielding and attacks on walls in CF. Tori Hunter said during a game that it's 'Bryon being Byron', and that there is little they can do to change how he plays.

So I guess Twins fans better get used to him playing 40-50 games a year and being hurt the rest of the time?

Top Bottom