• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Batman/Superman: Apocalypse]. So... Kryptonians speak Esperanto, apparently.

Brawndo

Murder Time Fun Time!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yeah. Just went back and watched it again, the bits where they're speaking Kryptonian are comprised primarily of Esperanto gibberish.

[pre-emptive joke about how one can tell it's gibberish if it's Esperanto]

I'm sure they weren't going for accuracy, so a lot of the words were so poorly written or pronounced as to be unrecognizable, but watching them talk nonsense at each other was kind of jarring.

But I suppose that's my fault for understanding even a little bit of Esperanto.

The first words out of Kara's mouth when those dock workers spot her are, "Good morning," following by a sentence of words I can't make out (which might not in fact be words) ending in what sounds like "pro kios" which is not really a word in Esperanto, but kind of sounds like pro kio, which means basically "why?" Technically, "on account of what?"

The word she says to Batman when she gets up from the table is probably not a word, at least in Esperanto.

Then there was this:

Superman (grabs Kara's ankle, preventing her from floating away): Good. Morning.

Kara (astonished): Good night?

Superman: Greetings. Kal-El (gibberish gibberish, not recognizable words at all, starts sounding vaguely French here).

Later, when Krypto is after her, it sounds like she's saying:

"HOW WILL IT FLY? HOW?"

Which makes no sense.

But it did make me chuckle a bit.

Good movie, though. Kick-ass fight scenes, especially the one with Wonder Woman and Big Barda taking on the Female Furies.

Esckey

Validated User
Just put this into the DVD and finnished watching the Green Arrow Short before hitting the play button on the movie.
And I gotta say I love the animated shorts. The Jonah Hex on the Batman:Red Hood and this Green Arrow are fantastic. I think I liked them more then I liked the actual movie. Not to say the movies werent bad or anything

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
According to Booster Gold, everyone in the future speaks Esperanto.

Andy-C

Setec Astronomer
Validated User
Just put this into the DVD and finnished watching the Green Arrow Short before hitting the play button on the movie.
And I gotta say I love the animated shorts.
Likewise. The Spectre short attached to Crisis on Two Earths was fantastic.

I really liked Apocalypse - as noted above, terrific fight scenes.

garwalf

Validated User
As far as I'm concerned, any Esperanto is good Esperanto. It seems so cute and hopeful

(But, then, I don't speak it.)

Top Bottom