• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

{Battlestar Galactica} Episode 5:15 "No Exit"

Vazkor Javhovor

Agent of Lucifer Brown
Validated User
That would make her a hybrid, explain why she could resurrect (lucky Hera!)...hell it could even explain all the destiny BS if Daniel was in touch with the Angels...
Good call ! So she downloaded... And Anders downloaded too ! His body is just an empty shell now. But where ? At first I thought that Anders would resurrect just in time to save Ellen even if the timing was awkward, but it didn't happen.

But there may still be a ship we explicity know as having an independant resurrection system : the Five's original ship (of Lights ?). And who could be controlling it except the only surviving Daniel ? :)

A bit far-fetched sure. It wouldn't probably explain the Head-Angels of the Opera House. But it could explain All Along the Watchtower : it would have been Daniel "beaming" the transmission with some info hidden inside, hoping to awake the Five.

Vazkor

Vipergrrl

Ophidiophobic
Okay so without reading the thread let me just jump in there with my brand new crazy-frakking-ass theory.

Number 7 aka Daniel aka the Lost Cylon = Kara's Father.

Daniel was an artist. Kara is an artist. Kara's father was an artist.

Kara is the first Hybrid. Yeah Yeah, I know that's been theorized before, BUT everyone was thinking it was Leoben.

You know the one thing about BSG is that anytime it provides answers those answers lead to dozen or more questions.

So the Colonial built Centurions developed a belief in a monothestic god on their own. The Colonial Centurions were also in the beginning stages of creating flesh-based humanoid models ala the Hybrids (Did they also create the Raiders? I don't know since Raiders can download). How does either of those two things happen? How does a machine get religon? Why did they feel compelled to create humanoid life in the first place?

What is Kara? What are the head-characters? How does Colonial prophecy play into this. What about the Opera house visions? What about Hera and all the visions surrounding her?

Argh!

Oh and there is this...it's not as if the Six/Tigh relationship wasn't creepy enough. Tigh turns out to be Six's dad. Ewwwww

And is anyone else wondering how Ellen will react when she finds out her husband of over 2000 years got one of her kids pregant? Saul Tigh, Woody Allen in Spaaaaaace!

Vipergrrl

Ophidiophobic
2000 years ago, the Final Five rediscovered resurrection tech. The Earth got nuked (by who? dunno), but the Final Five escaped to their ship in orbit.
By who? That was made very clear in the episode. The Earth built Centurions.

The Humaniod Cylons began to create Mechanicals. The Mechanicals rebelled and Earth suffered a nuclear holocaust. The Five survived and headed back to the Colonies to warn them about the dangers of creating artifical life and to teach them how to treat any artifical life they did create. They arrived too late.

Professor Phobos

Sweeper of Arcane Lore
Validated User
You know, Ellen, giving your creation free will, compassion, love and all that is not mutually exclusive with giving them broad-spectrum vision, indestructible bodies and other cool shit. Cavill did have a point, but you kinda dodged his argument with your hippie, love-is-the-bestest-thing explanation.
I know, that was probably my favorite part of the whole thing. If I had the option to turn into an immortal super-machine, I'd take it, just like Cavil.

But I love how things work out in the show- the Centurions are ashamed of their lifeless metal bodies (the one in this episode seemed almost afraid Ellen would reject the offer of its metal claw) and wanted desperately to take human form but Cavil himself is ashamed of his flesh.

Maybe the Centurions rebelled out of hatred because the Colonials trapped fully conscious minds in unfeeling metal bodies? That would explain why the Centurions would take the time to mutilate the Colonial dead- they had an obsession with flesh, a hatred and envy of it. That would explain why they'd bother to create hybrids...it also explains the First Hybrid's "my children think me a god"- he was created by the Centurions and used whatever vision you get while jumping to start talking about the One True God.

Last edited:

Rand Brittain

Go on until you're stopped.
RPGnet Member
Banned
Validated User
You know, Ellen, giving your creation free will, compassion, love and all that is not mutually exclusive with giving them broad-spectrum vision, indestructible bodies and other cool shit. Cavill did have a point, but you kinda dodged his argument with your hippie, love-is-the-bestest-thing explanation.
Given that Cavil doesn't appreciate what he's got, I doubt he'd like an indestructible god-body even better.

Cult Classic

A cautionary tale
Validated User
Okay. I need someone to explain something to me, and since nobody else is mentioning it I'll just assume that the answer is really obvious and I just somehow missed it.

Gaius Baltar. What in the Hell is he?

Professor Phobos

Sweeper of Arcane Lore
Validated User
Okay. I need someone to explain something to me, and since nobody else is mentioning it I'll just assume that the answer is really obvious and I just somehow missed it.

Nothing. He's just a guy with a bad case of Head-Angels.

Tom McCambley

Validated User

I asked the very same question 10 posts above you. Apparently people still want to talk about Kara's dad.

Personally at this point I'm thinking one of two things, both of which subject to my lousy memory.

Either Baltar is a retasked Daniel...which to me would be all sorts of awesome.

Or he's another hybrid...of whose? I have no idea.

Tom McCambley

Validated User
Nothing. He's just a guy with a bad case of Head-Angels.
But that's the point, he can't be a guy. I mean think about it. Why would Cavil send a Six to implant him with something that would give him head angels? Cavil doesn't believe in the one true god. The other five would have dealt with by then so it couldn't be them.

He's got to be a hybrid, or a cylon and my money is on hybrid.

Top Bottom