• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Battletech CLAN INVASION Box!

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is great news! I'm actually more excited for the Lance Packs than the Clan box (new Archer sculpt, sooooo looking forward to that one). Hopefully the KS will make enough money to fund several lance packs (I would expect no problems on that, but we'll see how they organize it).

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh, Battletech is another franchise where I've long loved it but never actually played much of the tabletop game. Video games and RPGs yes, actual game not really. I have some stuff kicking around somewhere from a previous edition and I'd been thinking about picking up the newest one and I'm guessing this will have tiers or add-ons that include the starter.

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Still can't find the new boxsets in the UK. Not going to back, no matter how good the minis are.

Galadrin

Validated User
I loved the 2014 box plastic Mechs but have no interest at all in the new MWO "redesigns"... They conjure none of the nostalgia I feel for the old Ral Partha/FASA designs. That said, I can happily still get the latter from IWM and I am very curious to see the rules in the new box set. Does anyone know what exactly was missing vis-a-vis Clan rules from the previous rulebook? I assume there will be nothing in the new Clan War box set that isn't already in Total Warfare already, right?

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I loved the 2014 box plastic Mechs but have no interest at all in the new MWO "redesigns"... They conjure none of the nostalgia I feel for the old Ral Partha/FASA designs. That said, I can happily still get the latter from IWM and I am very curious to see the rules in the new box set. Does anyone know what exactly was missing vis-a-vis Clan rules from the previous rulebook? I assume there will be nothing in the new Clan War box set that isn't already in Total Warfare already, right?
I don't think there will be new rules if you have Total Warfare or the new Battletech Manual. It's more of an extension for the rules in the A Game of Armored Combat set. The free PDF they released today is totally paired for that box set, introducing campaigns and a few extra rules for players that joined the game with that boxed set. For old players the interest is in the maps and minis.

Gallowglacht

Validated User
Still can't find the new boxsets in the UK. Not going to back, no matter how good the minis are.
Yeah I'm next door in Ireland and find trying to actually get my hands on BattleTech a pain in the arse. It always seems to be out of stock. I tried a couple of times to enquire about them doing print on demand only to hear nothing back for months. When I finally got a response it was a profuse apology for not getting back to me sooner and pledges that not only would they improve but they were dedicated to becoming exemplary leaders in the field of customer relations.
A message undercut by the fact that this long email never got around to answering my query.

Now, I don't want to fall into the trap of deciding that they are incompetent business people just because I don't get what I want. There are very sound reasons for managing your production runs so you don't end up killing your company with dead stock.
But it is hard not to get frustrated by a repeated cycle of "yay, I have money let's grab some BattleTech. Oh look, out of stock again". Especially when GW are right there saying "oh, hey, we just made a new version of that thing you loved in the 90's. Only much better. We'll take your money".

Now, I don't want to look like I resent you lucky US fans. A Clan Invasion box is awesome. I'm happy it's happening.
I'd just be happier if I thought I could get my hands on it too.

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The fact that even the bigger FLGSs (like in London) can't get in stock speaks volumes to me. This is something Catalyst should be resolving with a few phone calls. They aren't.

I'm not paying that ludicrous US shipping. The end. If Catalyst wants to downsize to a mail order outfit on a licence like BTech, then they don't get my money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom