• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Battletech CLAN INVASION Box!

Cirlot

Validated User
I have been chatting on Facebook about this with Catalyst staff, and it's not lack of interest at all as you are suggesting. They are on their 3rd printing of the Core Box set, with more on the way. It seems totally a cashflow problem, they don't seem to have the money to print more than what they do.
This is why I'm kind of hoping the House Arano PoD model signals a shift in their production method: if they can keep the rule books in print via PoD services - meaning they free themselves of stock management and other overhead - and focus on only distributing the boxed sets and other "bits" they might manage to find a better footing. Maybe. Possibly.

. . . yeah I'm grasping at straws here. :cautious: Sometimes it feels like Catalyst has my favorite IPs hostage and I periodically have to pay ransom money to keep 'em alive. But then I get neoprene battlemats and all is right with the world for a time.

And then I get brutally out-played by a lance of four 3025 Shadowhawks and find myself asking "why did I pay for my pain to be in a slightly nicer package?"

Last edited:

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is why I'm kind of hoping the House Arano PoD model signals a shift in their production method: if they can keep the rule books in print via PoD services - meaning they free themselves of stock management and other overhead - and focus on only distributing the boxed sets and other "bits" they might manage to find a better footing. Maybe. Possibly.

. . . yeah I'm grasping at straws here. :cautious: Sometimes it feels like Catalyst has my favorite IPs hostage and I periodically have to pay ransom money to keep 'em alive. But then I get neoprene battlemats and all is right with the world for a time.

And then I get brutally out-played by a lance of four 3025 Shadowhawks and find myself asking "why did I pay for my pain to be in a slightly nicer package?"
Agreed, I hope they do more PoD stuff. Maybe not for main books like the Battlemech Manual or the new Alpha Strike edition, but I think most supplements could be PoD to make things easier for them to manage and easier to get the books for the fans.

About the neoprene maps, they are gorgeous :) But I feel bad for people who couldn't get them when they were released, I have no idea when those things are going to be back (if they are ever back).

Cirlot

Validated User
~eyes narrow~

Bargained well and done, Catalyst. Aff, bargained well and done indeed.

Dulahan

Validated User
I admit I was hoping for 10 mechs. But this is still a "Must have" for me either way!

Samaritan

One of the good guys.
Validated User
So.... I'm really hoping they find enough success and business reasoning that they can release more than, like a handful of lances or stars. The old AS boxes were keen, but they had so much overlap with the starter I sometimes felt I wasn't getting as much of a 'spread' of mechs. Of course, when they all went on sale, that helped take the edge off.

SuperFigs

Firefighter
Validated User
So.... I'm really hoping they find enough success and business reasoning that they can release more than, like a handful of lances or stars. The old AS boxes were keen, but they had so much overlap with the starter I sometimes felt I wasn't getting as much of a 'spread' of mechs. Of course, when they all went on sale, that helped take the edge off.
I bought the Alpha Strike Commander's Ed.--PDF is looking great, waiting on my hardcopy. I also bought the BT Beginner's box, mainly for the two Mech minis and the William H Keith story. I think I will be in on the KS and all miniature add-ons.

Been waiting for Catalyst to go all-in on quality plastics, and I want to reward them for doing so.

SuperFigs

Firefighter
Validated User
Interesting on hearing more about the new Alpha Strike book :)
I got the hard copy today! It looks amazing. They've packed a lot of material into 214 pages. Quick, shirt-pocket notes:

-- They feature a lot of new artwork with the slick new redesigns of the "Unseens"
-- They include the rules for multiple attacks and variable damage that some folks have been using in games
-- Looks like all of the extra rules from the Companion were fit nicely into this one book
-- The sample units from the old base book have been replaced by sweet write-ups of the Grey Death Legion, Kurita, Eridani Light Horse, and a Clan force. I don't have my old books handy right now, but I think these are new.

A wonderful book! Can't wait to get some paint on the new plastics and play again!

Top Bottom